Chapter Fifty-One, Three Feelings

-Miku, The First Day-

Miku had woken up early before the festival to keep trying to make pancakes for her stand, but she just hadn't gotten the hang of it. She tried until the sun came up, but she still couldn't get it. Suddenly Rokuro came walking out of Yotsuba's room, yawning as he came downstairs.

"Miku-rin..? What are you doing?" He asked.

"I'm trying to get the hang of making these pancakes for my food stall, but I can't get it.." She muttered, he stared at her for a moment before smiling. She looked at him in confusion before he walked over to her and looked over at what she was doing.

"It seems to me that you either take them out too early or too late, as well as you add either too much batter or not enough. You're close to reaching perfect pancakes, but you're just barely missing the mark. Let me help." He said, the two of them went to work on making the pancakes again, the work going by quickly with Rokuro helping, they finished their first batch of pancakes as Itsuki came down the stairs.

"Miku, Rokuro-kun..what are you doing up so early? We don't have to be at the festival for another two hours." Itsuki said as she rubbed her eye.

"I'm helping Miku-rin make pancakes, we're trying to make the perfect ones." Rokuro explained.

"Oh I see, I could be your taste tester if you'd like." Itsuki offered, Miku perked up and nodded quickly.

"I think I've almost got it, there's just something missing." Miku muttered, Rokuro stared at her, making her look up at him.

"What is it Kazuhiro?" She asked, cocking her head to the side in confusion.

"Miku, are you making the pancakes because you want people to enjoy them, or because you think Futaro will come to your stand and try some?" He asked suddenly, her eyes widened and she looked down, thinking.

"I guess...it's because of Futaro.." She mumbled, Rokuro sighed and put his hands on his hips.

"Well there's your problem, you're so obsessed with them being perfect that you aren't thinking about making them just for enjoyment. Try making them, but don't think about Futaro at all, make them because you want others to enjoy themselves at the festival." Rokuro said sternly, she nodded slowly and tried making the pancakes again, with Rokuro not helping, but instead supervising. Once they came out, Itsuki tried some and within the first bite, tears formed in her eyes.

"Itsuki-tan? What's wrong?" Rokuro asked.

"They taste just like.." She trailed off, eating more, she didn't say anything else, but she knew what Itsuki had meant to say.

"Well, let's get ready, we should be heading to the festival soon, Miku and Nino have things to do." Rokuro said with a smile, Miku nodded and put away everything before going upstairs to get ready. Within roughly an hour, they had all gotten ready, Ichika lagging behind because she was staying home.

"Good luck guys, make sure you have fun for me!" Ichika called to them, waving them bye.

"Later Ichika-nee, don't overwork yourself at work." Rokuro said sternly, she laughed and nodded.

"Of course, now get going, or you'll be late!" Ichika said happily, the five of them walked towards school, as they did, they talked about what to do to celebrate on their own.

"We could probably ask to use a classroom or something, I'm sure they won't mind." Rokuro offered.

"Maybe, but it would be better if everyone was there. I want Ichika to be there as well." Itsuki said with a sad look on her face.