Chapter Fourteen, Left Alone

-Rokuro-

Itsuki had successfully gotten Futaro to come with them on the camping trip, but within hours of them making it into the mountains, they were caught in a snowstorm.

"I can't even see outside.." Itsuki muttered, Rokuro peered out the window and saw a faint figure of a building.

"Over there!" Rokuro exclaimed, the driver slowly pulled into where Rokuro had pointed at and to his surprise, it was an inn. They all ran in through the storm to get inside, once inside they tried to check in for separate rooms, but some group had booked a bunch of rooms at once so they would have to squeeze into one room. As they walked to their room, Rokuro watched Futaro run around like a child.

"Well this is a different side of Futaro." Rokuro said with surprise as he watched Futaro run around the inn with boundless energy.

"Is he usually like this on school trips?" Ichika asked.

"I wouldn't know, I haven't seen him in years." Rokuro replied, the seven of them walked into their room, immediately Rokuro took notice of the size of it.

"We're not all gonna be able to fit in here." He said, the girls all looked at each other before looking at him and Futaro.

"You two are sleeping outside." Nino spat, Rokuro scoffed and crossed his arms.

"Futaro is sleeping in here, I'll camp outside. I can withstand the cold a lot more than you all can." Rokuro retorted.

"Who said you get to make the rules!?!" Nino growled.

"Oh? Would you like to challenge me for the right to make the rules?" He replied, cracking his knuckles and his neck. Nino death stared at him and took a step forward. It surprised Rokuro slightly but made him smile.

"Now now, no fighting you two, let's just go with Touko-kun's plan for now." Ichika offered as she got between them.

"But-" Rokuro cut Nino off.

"You really forget my role here don't you? I'm meant to be your bodyguard, as pointless as the job may be I am still meant to fulfill it. That means defending you against anyone, even my own friend." Rokuro said sternly, he didn't actually intend to do anything, because he knew Futaro wasn't like that. Even so, he said it because he wanted Nino to calm down.

"...Fine! But if he so much as touches us I expect you to mess him up!!!" Nino exclaimed angrily, Rokuro smiled and nodded slowly.

"Gladly." Rokuro answered, they ordered food to eat and within minutes a buffet of delicacies was in front of them, Futaro's mouth watered at the very sight of it.

"It all looks delicious! I should pack some up and take it home!" Futaro said excitedly.

"P-please control yourself Uesugi-kun." Itsuki said with a sigh, Rokuro stared at all of them from the corner, leaning against the wall.

"Why are you so far away Rokuro-san? Come eat!" Yotsuba offered.

"Nah, I'll wait until you guys finish eating, I have a big appetite and don't want to take away anything you want." Rokuro replied.

"Do you see how much food we have? Stop being difficult and come eat!" Nino ordered, he sighed and walked over, sitting down by Itsuki and Ichika before starting to devour food, they all sat around and ate and talked, having a good time up until Ichika read off what services they had at the inn.

"Mixed baths...?" She muttered, they all looked at her and immediately Nino jumped up.

"First I have to share a room, and now a bath with him!?!" She shouted.