Chapter Sixty-One, Six Fates

-Rokuro, The Second Day-

              That night Rokuro hadn't gotten much sleep, he stayed up all night worried about Miku. The morning after he had left to see Futaro to get his mind off it, putting on the best smiling facade he could. He went down the elevator and ran down the street, running for Futaro's house. Within a few minutes he got to his house and slowed down, sighing, just as he walked up he saw Futaro walking out the door.

"Just the man I wanted to see!" Rokuro called.

"Kazuhiro, why aren't you with the girls?" Futaro questioned.

"They're fine for a morning, it won't kill them to not see my gorgeous face for a morning." Rokuro teased.

"Well someone's become confident." Futaro said with a light smile.

"I'm in a good mood, I went and talked to their father last night and he said he would acknowledge whatever relationship we choose to have with the girls." Rokuro said with a cheeky grin, Futaro blinked twice and sighed.

"You can have whoever you want, I'm not picking anyone." Futaro said, Rokuro's eyes widened and he slugged Futaro in the shoulder.

"Ow!!! What was that for!?!!" Futaro shouted.

"Come on man, don't say you're picking no one, that hurts everyone more than it helps." Rokuro scolded, Futaro looked away and sighed.

"What else am I supposed to do? This is the only answer I can think of." He says after a minute.

"No, this is the only answer you can think of because you're trying too hard to make them all happy. I perfectly understand your motive and sentiment, but Futaro, instead of trying to make them happy, make yourself happy. Be selfish and choose the girl who will make you the happiest." Rokuro said sternly, he saw the realization hit Futaro's face and smiled, putting his arm around his shoulder.

"Come on Fu-kun, we got a festival to attend!" Rokuro teased, Futaro's face flushed red and he scowled.

"That sounds weird coming out of you! I hope I never hear those words in your voice ever again!!!" Futaro retorted, Rokuro laughed until there were tears and together they walked to school, arriving after a few minutes. As they entered the school gates Futaro pulled Rokuro off to the side.

"A heads up, so I guess the girls' biological father has shown up at the festival." Futaro explained, Rokuro sighed and nodded, crossing his arms.

"Your dad told me before I left yesterday, I've been keeping an eye out for him, if Itsuki is here and he goes for her, I'll stop him." Rokuro said sternly, anger swelling within him. If that guy got anywhere near Itsuki, he'd kill him.

"I'm gonna go look around for some work, I'll see you later, let me know if anything happens." Futaro said before walking off. Rokuro went about finding things to do until the girls got there, but by that time he was freakishly tired, he hadn't felt this tired in years. He continued helping until suddenly he ran into Miku, he stopped what he was doing and ran over to her, smiling slightly.

"Are you doing better?" He asked.

"Yea..thanks. Where's Futaro?" She replied.

"Somewhere around here, we walked to school together." He answered with a yawn, suddenly Yotsuba came up to them, stopping when she saw him.

"Rokuro-san..are you okay?" She asked.

Yea..yea I'm fine..just was worried about Miku-rin." He replied, they both looked at him sadly and he waved nonchalantly, telling them not to worry.

"Don't push yourself too hard Miku..things got pretty crazy yesterday didn't they?" Yotsuba asked as she and Rokuro walked Miku to the pancake stall.

"You gonna be okay, Miku-rin?" Rokuro asked.