Something suspicious going on.

Normal POV

A few years and months had passed since the incident. Unfortunately, Sonic had a miscarriage during the first year, which was devastating for both Shadow and Sonic, especially Sonic, but they persevered. Sonic's mental health was improving, and he was speaking more clearly now. While Shadow was speaking with Rouge, Sonic was hanging out with Tails.

Shadow's POV.

"What if he says no, what if he starts hating me now, what if-!" I was assuming the worst as Rouge cut me off.

"Hun, Don't stress yourself over a proposal now."  She sighs in disbelief.

"But...-" I was going to say something, but I  was cut off again.

"He is definitely going to say yes, I know that he loves you dearly," Rouge said as She pats his head.

"I'm just scared..." I mumble.

"I know, but it's now or ever Shadow, I'm not letting you pussy out anymore." She said sternly.

"What do you mean, pussy out!?" I shouted, giving her a stubborn look.

She looks at him unimpressed, "Really now? Do I really have to answer?"

He realizes and laughed nervously, "I'm just a very anxious person, heh."

Rouge shakes her head and rubs her face.

Normal POV

Meanwhile, with Sonic and Tails, They were eating ice cream by the ice shop and chatting happily. Until Sonic starts mentioning Shadow.

"Hey Tails, have you noticed how strange Shadow has been asking?" Sonic asked while licking his ice cream.

"Uh- No? He seems normal to me." Tails lie, trying to avoid the question.

"Really? He has been more nervous around me every time we hang out, and he always did that weird kneeling-down pose. Then he just stops and says it's just a habit. How is kneeling down on one knee a habit?" He tilts his head.

Tails shrugs, licking his ice cream, "I don't know what to tell you, Sonic." 'He is trying to propose to you, but is failing horribly.' He thought to himself.

Sonic sighs heavily, "He is being so strange, I hope I'm not doing anything wrong."

"Maybe you should talk to him about it." The yellow fox suggested to him.

"Hmm, Yeah, I should." He said.

"Mhm." He nods after finishing his ice cream.

Sonic stared at the ice cream.

Tails noticed and reinsure Sonic, "Hey, I'm sure it's nothing bad Sonic, I will admit he can be strange sometimes, I mean he eats coffee beans straight out of the bag."

Sonic giggled a bit, "Yeah, I'm sure, it's nothing."

"Yup!" He smiled.

"I will talk to him later, so I should head home." He also finished his ice cream.

"Oh alright then, It was nice hanging out with you, as usual, hope we can do this again." He replied.

"Yeah!" He nods happily as runs off home and waves goodbye.

Tails waves back at him and sighs, "Good luck with that Shadow."

 Back with Shadow.

"Hun, He is definitely going to say yes, he loves you dearly as you love him dearly too." Rouge reinsures him.

Shadow takes a deep breath and shouts, "Ok, I'm going to do it!"

"Now that's the spirit!" She shouted back with excitement.

(Next chapter is the final one because I want to move on and work on a new fresh one)