Chapter 2.

As his alarm rang, Skinner awoke to the sound of LOONA shouting "Hula hula hoop" into his ear. He was starting to regret making that his alarm tone.

Skinner had slept in his suit from the previous day. He had the taste of badly made beer in his mouth, and really stank. He rubbed his eyes, trying to improve his spotty vision, when he saw a lump on his couch.

He jumped in fright, thinking it was some sort of intruder. Taking a closer look, he realised it was none other than Homer Simpson. Trying to remember more of the night before, he walked to his kitchen to get a glass of water. Skinners kitchen was mostly bare, with only a few cupboards and a fridge in clear view. The walls were a sickly green colour, jarring with the lavender tiles on the floor. 

He walked over to the sink, and grabbed a glass. As he took a long drink from the water, he desperately tried to recall what happened last night. His memories began to come back, but only in small pieces.

The main thing he remembers is.. Marge and Homer getting a divorce? That doesn't sound right, but if it isn't then why was Homer sleeping on his couch? 

Skinner was still confused, but he had to get to work. He scribbled a note down onto a piece of paper he found lying on the kitchen counter.

'Gone to work. If you need anything, call me here.'  Skinner left his phone number at the bottom of the page, hoping Homer wasn't too hung over to read.

Skinner left the front door unlocked so Homer could let himself out when he woke up. He walked out to his car, and started driving to Springfield Elementary. As he drove he started to remember being at Moe's Tavern with Homer, before driving him home. He vaguely recalled going to Homers apartment, but bringing Homer to his house when he saw how bad the apartment looked.

Homer and Marge must really have split up then. Skinner decided to ask Homer more about it later.

As he made his way into the school building, he noticed Superintendent Chalmers waiting for him outside his office. "SKINNER... the board of education said every student has to take a general IQ test. If our school doesn't rank high enough we will be forced to shut down." 

Principal Skinner cursed under his breath. Another chance for Bart Simpson to ruin the schools reputation. He had to figure out some way to get Bart out of school for that test.

"Leave it to me Superintendent Chalmers, I'll find a way to get the students to actually learn something."

Skinner sat down at his desk, and thought. There must be some way to get Bart out of the school, or preferably the state, for that test. Just then, he had a lightbulb moment. If Marge got custody of Bart and kept him out of Springfield, he wouldn't even be a student at the school anymore. And with Homer looking to Skinner for advice, it seems like the perfect solution.