Chapter 6.

Skinner woke up early that morning to put his plan into action. After last night, he was starting to feel uncertain about his plan. Could he really do this to a depressed, suicidal man? Then again, without Marge and Bart leaving Springfield, the school will be closed for ever.

He tied the laces on his shoes and stood up, ready to head out to Springfield Elementary. As  he walked out he slammed the worn down pink front door shut. He walked outside and sat into his car.

He arrived at Springfield Elementary ten minutes late. If Chalmers ran into him now he was done for. Skinners mind was filled with worries, about the school and his job, about Homer and last night, and especially about this fluttery feeling in his stomach whenever he thought about Homer. Yes, Homer and his shiny, domed head and meaty, strong fingers, and the way he made Skinner feel less alone and worthless.

Skinner shook his head, dissolving the thoughts away. He could figure out that mystery when he stopped Bart from getting the school shut down. All he needed to do was get through the school day, and get home to Homer. Sitting down at his desk, he rifled through paperwork.            Chalmers wanted Skinner to sort through the "troubled" children's reports of the day, and deal with any damage done.

The usual suspects repeated multiple times in the files, Jimbo, Dolph and Nelson, but one student stood out. Lisa Simpson, threw her school bag through a window. Willy would have to get that fixed. Why would Lisa Simpson of all people be causing trouble in class? 

Over the intercom, he called Lisa into his office. Four minutes later she stepped into the small room, slamming the door behind her. "Are you aware of why I've called you here?" he said, as she slouched on the small uncomfortable wooden chair in front of the desk. She glared at him, refusing to answer his question. "Lisa, you are a straight A student, never in trouble, never causing problems. I can wipe this right off your record if you just tell me why you did it."

She looked down, and Skinner could see a small tear glinting in the corner of her eye. "Do you know what it's like to have your parents ignoring each other? Mom doesn't even say his name anymore. It's like he died, except I still see him around town at night, drunk and puking on the sidewalk." 

Of course, this had to do with Marge and Homer. Skinner cleared his throat, unsure of how to continue without her closing off again. "I don't know what it's like. But Lisa, you still cant do things like this." He gestured to her bag, with noticeable tears and dirt on it. "It's against school policy, and Willy will have to fix the window." 

She glanced up from her focus on picking her nails. "I know. But it's hard. Bart is taking it fine, he has been wishing for Dad to leave since he could speak." She furrowed her brows and looked out the window behind Skinner. "Dad was just starting to act... like a real dad. Someone I could look up to and trust. And now it's all just weird."

She paused, and Skinner motioned for her to continue. Lisa sighed. "Mom took down all the pictures of him in the house. Last week I came home, and I walked in on her throwing the pictures in my room into the trash. It's like he never even lived with us. Like he isn't my Dad."

She looked at Skinner, and he took the opportunity to interject. "Look, I understand how hard it is, but do you really want to ruin your permanent record over this?" She shook her head, and stared down at her hands. She apologised for causing Willy an inconvenience and interrupting her class. "Thank you for apologising, but as punishment you have detention tomorrow after school, and you have to write a two page letter to Miss Hoover apologising and explaining how it will not happen again. Understand?" 

She nodded, and Skinner excused her to leave. He placed the report for Lisa into her file, and sat back down. His conscience had been gnawing at him since Lisa had told him about Homer and Marge. Was it really worth splitting up their family to save the school? Chalmers would make sure he never got another teaching job if he lost the school. 

Skinner would need to get to the bottom of this, but it was almost 4:30, and he had promised Homer he would be back with dinner by 5.

(AN: So its been a while.... anyways ENJOY 😋😋 hopefully another chapter next week.... or year 🤗 /hj)