Chapter 4.

Skinner sat in his office, mulling over his thoughts in his head. The plain beige walls seemed to be pressing down on him, with the direness of his situation weighing heavy. Every student in the school was bound to get at least 50%... apart from one Bart Simpson. 

He needed more information. Calling Bart Simpson into his office, Skinner decided to find out just exactly what was happening between Homer and Marge.

"Sup Skinman."

Skinner grimaced. "Bart, I am choosing to ignore that comment. Now, can you please tell me what is happening between your mother and your father?"

Bart sighed in relief. "I thought this was about the explosion in the art room!" He laughed, but Skinner just scowled at him.

"Calm down Skinner, all I know about my parents is that Homer screwed up and Mom is done with him. I hope Mom gets custody of me." 

"Bart, don't say that about your father."

Bart laughed. "Im just being honest. Anyway, if I go with Mom she's taking us to Florida!"

Skinner considered what Bart had said. "Hm... alright Bart. You can go back to class now."

Bart hopped out of the chair, and gave Skinner a mock salute before leaving and slamming the door shut. 

If there is a God, then he just provided Skinner with an incredible opportunity. If Marge takes Bart to Florida then he will be out of the school for the general exam. This could save the school.. and with Skinner being Homers new friend he has ample opportunity to put this plan into action. 

The generic looking clock ticked down its final seconds to 3:00, indicating that it was time for Skinner to head home. But instead of going straight home, Skinner made a stop at Homers new apartment.

________________________________________________________________________________

As Seymour walked up to the front door he noted the lack of Marge's orange station wagon. He wondered what Homer had done to tip Marge over the edge. Sure Homer had been a neglectful father and a selfish husband, but none of that had ever bothered Marge before.

Marge's absence from the apartment was blatantly obvious. The walls were filthy, and there were no plants outside. Honestly, the entire apartment block looked like that, but somehow it was worse at Homers apartment.

Skinner knocked three times on the door, hoping that Homer was home. But the door stayed shut. Skinner tapped his foot on the ground impatiently, waiting for someone to open the door. Knocking again, louder this time, he was greeted only by the quietness of the surrounding area. The only sounds he could hear was the traffic on the motorway beside the building and the occasional bird call.

Getting annoyed, Seymour leaned over to look inside one of the grimy windows. 

A single grubby beige couch over a carpet with a giant grey stain on it sat in the middle. A tiny outdated TV sat in the corner on a wobbly stool. There was a small wall dividing the kitchen and living room.

In other words, this was no place for anyone to be living. 

Skinners eye caught something just inside the kitchen. 

He ran towards to front door, banging on it loudly, frantically trying to get inside and stop Homer.