Ch 1: Love & Hate

It was another bright and sunny day in Adventure Bay. Three months had passed since Sweetie. Mayor Humdinger, Harold Humdinger, and the Kitty Katastrophe Crew has kidnapped the PAW Patrol in order to raise their ghostly sorcerer enemy, Almuzar, from the dead. The villainous quintet had then proceeded to take over Adventure Bay again, and captured the PAW Patrol. The team then learned about Almuzar's origin and convinced the sorcerer to let them help him, which he agreed to. Almuzar, now known as Andrew Harper, now lives in the Barkingburg castle where he's learning more sorcery and learning to be kind and learning to adjust to the modern world.

Some changes had also come to the PAW Patrol as well. Chase had finally gotten together with Skye after accidentally confessing his love for her. Everest had confessed her feelings for Marshall, and they began dating. And Zuma had found love with a lovely female Chocolate Labrador named Summer after the team had rescued her one day. Sid Swashbuckle and his pup Arrby were also fully embracing the good side and frankly enjoyed helping out.

The group had planned to hang out with their girlfriends later on, but Mayor Goodway had called. Some workers had been repairing the bell tower and roof at City Hall when gusts of wind had knocked the ladders down and caused a couple of them to slip off the edge and hang over the side. And the bell was hanging dangerously on its hook. Now Ryder, Chase, Marshall, Skye, Rubble, and Rocky were at City Hall trying to rescue the workers. A crowd of people was gathered and watching the young heroes.

"Marshall, get your ladder up there. Skye, get your harness ready." Ryder instructed.

"On it Ryder." the Dalmatian and Cockapoo said.

"Arf, Arf, ladder up." Marshall said. The ladder then rose to the top of the roof where several of the workers were.

"Here, step onto ladder and I'll send you down." Marshall reassured.

The two workers stepped on to the ladder, and Marshall sent them down. All of a sudden, a worker that had been hanging on the side of the roof had lost his grip and fell.

"Chase, net!" Ryder yelled.

"Ruff, ruff, net." Chase said. His canon popped out of his pup pack and launched a net. The worker fell safely into it. And Skye has gotten the other two workers down with her harness.

"That's everyone. Good job pups." Ryder said. The crowd clapped and cheered for the team's heroic act.

"Nice work everyone." Marshall called. However, in the midst of everything, the clumsy Dalmatian had forgotten that he was still on the roof and had already sent his ladder down.

"Oops, I forgot I'm still up here." Marshall said, cracking everyone up.

"Don't worry Marshall, I'm coming." Chase said as he dashed to Marshall's truck and pressed the button which lifted the ladder up to the roof. And then Marshall, of course in his typical fashion, tumbled down the ladder and landed in his truck.

"I'm good." he called.

"Rubble, Rocky, go ahead and reattach the bell." Ryder instructed.

"On it Ryder!" the gray Mixed Breed and English Bulldog exclaimed.

While the two of them did that, Ryder checked in on Zuma, who had been called to help Sid and Arrby with an emergency. Zuma said the emergency had been taken care of, and that he was heading back to the Lookout. A few minutes later, Rocky and Rubble finished reattaching the bell.

"Ryder, pups, thank you for saving the day again." Mayor Goodway said with Chickaletta clucking.

"You're welcome." the 10 year old said brightly, "Whenever you're in trouble, just yelp for help. Let's head home pups."

The team bid Mayor Goodway goodbye and headed up to the Lookout and to get ready for a night with their girlfriends, despite Rocky and Rubble not having one. Awhile later, the group headed to Adventure Beach where Katie, Everest, and Summer were already waiting.

"Hey Ryder, hey pups." Katie said.

"You look lovely tonight." Ryder said, giving her a kiss.

"Thanks." Katie said, slightly blushing.

"Hey Marshall." Everest said as the two nuzzled noses.

"Hey Summer. Been looking forward to this." Zuma said.

"Me too." Summer replied. She had soft chocolate brown fur and ocean blue eyes. She also wore a light blue collar around her neck.

The group sat down to a beach night picnic. They all ate some snacks and told some interesting stories.

"...And so the ghost tripped and fell, and it just turned out to be Marshall sleepwalking." Rocky said telling the story of when the team thought there was a ghost in the Lookout.

"And he sleep-skateboarded and sleep-surfed on a whale before finally waking up." Zuma added.

Summer burst into laughter. "Oh my word!"

"And that's not even our weirdest one." Rubble said smiling.

For another hour, stories were told. The group then decided to call it a night. The PAW Patrol headed back to the Lookout and fell fast asleep.
——————————————————————
Meanwhile in a cave outside of Barkingburg, trouble was brewing. Sweetie walked through a cave corridor thinking about the past several months. She couldn't believe that the PAW Patrol had been able to change Almuzar's mind and turn him to the side of good. It annoyed and angered her down to the core. However, the PAW Patrol weren't the most annoying beings she'd come across.

Sweetie then entered into large room where Mayor Humdinger, Harold, and the Kitty Katastrophe Crew were. She rolled her eyes and sighed in annoyance. She despised working with the Humdingers and their mischievous, filthy kittens. But unfortunately, it was necessary to get her revenge.

She walked over to a darker part of the cave where a shadowy figure was standing. He was dressed in dark robes and gave off a very negative vibe.

"Do you have it Miss Sweetie?" the figure said, his voice booming and dark.

Sweetie mustered her courage. She had to admit that her and the Humdingers' new partner scared her even more than Almuzar.

"Y-Yes sir." Sweetie said as her claw arm popped out of her pup pack. In her claw arm was a book.

The figure faced Sweetie. His hair was dark brown and his eyes were a very dark shade of green. His face was somewhat handsome if he wasn't all shrouded in darkness. A wicked grin appeared on his face as he took the book in his hands. He flipped through it, but a frown appeared.

"It's not in here." he snarled.

"I didn't have time to get the others." Sweetie said looking at the ground, "At that moment, Andrew Harper came in, so I had to escape."

"It's ok." the figure said, "We'll go back and get them. Harold, Mayor, find out where it is?"

"According to my calculations, either the Barkingburg Museum or the Cave of the Seven Sorcerers." Harold replied looking very proud of himself.

"Good, good." the figure said, "Once we have it, we can open up the portal to the Realm of Shades. And we can finally have our revenge and get what we deserve." The villains all began laughing, eager to get their revenge on that techy 10 year old and goody two shoe pups.

To be continued...