Ch 5: Dark Days

The team was in shock. Their home was now trapped again in the clutches of their enemies and a long dead, evil prince.

"Oh no!" Rubble exclaimed.

"Not again!" Skye added.

"Ryder, what do we do?!" Mayor Goodway panicked.

"Head to the Beach Tower and try to stay out of sight. Stay there until we get there." Ryder instructed.

"Hurry!" Alex exclaimed.

Ryder hung up and faced the royals and sorcerers, "We have to head back to Adventure Bay. Sweetie and the others have taken over our town again! And it looks like that Henry's using dark magic to entrap everyone!"

"Oh my." the Earl gasped.

"This sounds even worse than before!" the Princess exclaimed.

"Do you think they're after the Dark Heart?" Marshall asked.

"Probably." Andrew replied, "But we can't let it fall into their hands."

"Let's head back to Adventure Bay and regroup." Charles suggested, "Then we can see how we can beat them."

"I'm coming too. You might need some extra power." Andrew said, "I'll also need to tell Alexandra our date tonight is off."

"I'll stay here just in case they decide to attack here." Harry added.

The group headed out to the Mission Cruiser with the Earl saying, "Please be careful Princess! This is an even more dangerous threat, and I can't let you get hurt."

"Don't worry Earl, I will." the Princess replied.

"Hit it Robo Dog." Ryder said.

The mechanical dog barked back and drove the Cruiser through the street. During the ride, the pups thought about their home. Why did their enemies always have to go after one of the things they loved the most?

"This is the third time this has happened." Skye said, "When will they ever learn?"

"Never possibly." Marshall replied.

"Uh, how do you use this thing again?" Andrew asked holding up what looked like his cell phone, "I can never figure it out."

"Let me see." the Princess replied as she took it.

"How are we gonna beat them?" Rubble asked.

"Yeah, Henry's got some pretty narly powers dude." Zuma added.

"I'm honestly not sure." Charles replied.

"But we'll think of something." Arthur added.

Robo Dog barked, telling them they were approaching their HQ. The tunnel door opened, and the Cruiser sped through the tunnel and stopped.

"Pups, get your vehicles and load them up." Ryder instructed.

"Yes sir." the six eager pups replied. As everyone loaded their gear, they thought of everyone in Adventure Bay and how to beat their enemies for a third time. Once everyone and everything was loaded, the Air Patroller took off for Adventure Bay.

Andrew sighed in frustration as he hung up the call. "I've tried calling Alexandra four times and she's not answering. That's not like her."

"Is she working today?" Rubble asked.

"Yes." Andrew replied, "That could be it."

"What about the meteor?!" Rocky exclaimed, "It's working and Sweetie and the others have taken over the Lookout!"

"He's right dudes." Zuma said, "Harold will probably use it in his robot."

"And I doubt that magic shield Charles put up will keep them out." Blaze added.

"Ryder, how are we going to deal with our enemies again?" Chase asked, "They've pretty much gone out of their way to beat us."

"I don't know Chase. But what I do know is that we'll stop them." Ryder replied.

This earned enthusiastic howls from the group. For the rest of the ride, everyone remained silent, a feeling of angst and suspense filling the air.
———————————————————————
Back in Adventure Bay, things had grown to a new level of bad. Streets were cracked, buildings and cars vandalized, and flower beds torn up. The Chickaletta statue had been destroyed, the bell lying on the ground cracked, and trash everywhere. The Flounder and Sid Swashbuckle's ship were damaged and sinking, there were no animals to be seen off miles, and Henry's dark magic was polluting the town. At the Lookout, the pups' houses, Ryder's ATV, and the PAW Patroller were destroyed. Inside, Harold and Mayor Humdinger were trying to access the meteor to get powers, and Sweetie and Henry were breaking everything in sight.

"Come on Harold!" Mayor Humdinger exclaimed, "Hurry up so I can get super Mayor powers!"

"I'm trying Uncle Mayor." Harold growled, "There must be some sort of magic barrier around this thing."

"Henry, use your magic powers to get rid of the barrier!" Mayor Humdinger yelled.

"Why should I?" Henry snarled.

"Cause you're our partner." Harold snapped.

"I won't be for very long if you don't shut up little boy." Henry growled.

Sweetie snickered to herself, but the fight was far from over.

"Shut up Princess, it's not like you're doing anything." Harold said sarcastically.

"Well, first of all, you're being very rude, and second, I prefer not to get my paws dirty." Sweetie snapped.

"You want dirty? Oh kittens." Mayor Humdinger said.

The kittens then launched dirt and fish onto West Highland White Terrier, and she shrieked louder than a banshee.

"You rotton, filthy imbeciles!" Sweetie shrieked, "You know I can't stand fish!"

"Yeah, that's the point." Mayor Humdinger laughed.

A cold wind swept through the Lookout, sending chills up their spines. Henry's booming and dark voice broke through the tension.

"Stop it right now before I personally end you." Henry growled viciously.

"Y-Y-Y-Yes sir." Sweetie and the Humdingers said quickly.

"Mayor, Harold, go check the basement of this place and see if you can find anything that'll be useful." Henry said as he wanted to keep them busy so they wouldn't keep arguing with Sweetie.

"Yes sir." the Humdingers said exasperated as they headed down in the elevator.

"Sir, how are we gonna get the Dark Heart back?" Sweetie asked, "I know we're doing blackmail, but how are we gonna keep those pesky boy, pups, princess, ghosts, and sorcerer from coming after it?"

"I thought about that." Henry replied, "And don't worry Miss Sweetie, I called in some extra help."

"Sooner or later, we can get our revenge and rule the world." Sweetie said eagerly as she and Henry laughed, eager to get revenge on those who wronged them.

To be continued...