Ch 3: A New Enemy

The Mission Cruiser sped through the streets of Barkingburg as it headed to the castle. It made its way up the hill and parked front of the castle where the Earl, the Princess, and the royal kitties, Henry and Elizabeth, were waiting.

"PAW Patrol, thank goodness you're here." the Earl said.

"Yes." the Princess added, "Please help us get rid of these ghosts.

"Don't worry Your Highnesses." Ryder reassured as he turned to the pups, "Rocky, Zuma, Skye, go in and start looking for clues. Chase, Marshall, and Rubble, follow me."

"Yes sir Ryder!" the pups exclaimed as they split up.

"Chance, Granite, Skyler, go help search for clues." Charles said as he faced the Knights, "Blaze, Arthur, and Richard, come with me."

The Knights barked in reply and split up. The group hurried into the throne room and were shocked. Three spirits dressed in black and giving off very negative vibes were flying violently around the large room. Andrew Harper was wielding the Scepter of Immortality, while Harry Soarin was casting spells left and right.

"You know, this was not what I was expecting to do at 10 o'clock in the morning." Andrew said.

"Likewise." Harry replied.

"Andrew, Harry!" Marshall yelled.

"Ryder, pups, Knights, thank goodness you're here." Harry said looking relieved.

"Yeah." Andrew said as he zapped one of the spirits.

Knights helmets appeared on the Knights' heads, and pup packs appeared on Blaze, Richard, and Arthur. A sword appeared in Charles's hand, and the four entered the fight.

"How did this happen?" Ryder asked.

"Don't know." Andrew replied, "We were having breakfast when these ghosts just showed up."

"Can we get rid of them?" Chase asked.

"We have a banishment spell, but we have to get the ghosts to stay still." Harry replied as he blocked an attack.

"Ryder, I have an idea." Charles called.

"What?" the boy asked.

Charles telepathically told him the plan. "Good idea!" Ryder replied, "Marshall and Chase, use your net and Hydro Launcher to herd the spirits."

The Dalmatian and German Shepherd quickly used their tools and herded the ghosts into one spot. Charles, Blaze, Arthur, and Richard surrounded them to keep them in the spot.

"Now Andrew!" Arthur exclaimed.

"Barkingburg eieci te de nobis, et non videatur spirituum ad tenebras." Andrew and Harry chanted. (From Barkingburg we banish thee, go dark spirits and never be seen.)

The three ghosts then disappeared in a cloud of gloom. The Earl and Princess then rushed in.

"Oh thank you so much for getting rid of the spirits." the Princess said gratefully.

"You're welcome Princess." Richard replied.

While Ryder checked up Rocky, Zuma, and Skye to see if they'd found any clues, Charles and his pups telepathically talked with Andrew.

"Andrew, were those shades?" Charles asked.

"Yes actually." the sorcerer replied.

"How's that possible?" Blaze asked, "The Realm of Shades is sealed off from the rest of the world."

"You don't think it's who I think it is." Arthur said in a worried tone.

"I hope not." Richard replied.