Chapter 21

3rd Person POV

3 weeks had passed since the fight in Wakanda. The battle that Thanos had won and wiped out half of humanity. Y/N didn't wake up until two days after the fight. The proximity to the Infinity Stones had been too much for her. Amy was left with only her mother, since her father had disappeared with the snap like everyone else.

Carol, had found the Guardian's ship in space and brought it back to Earth. Tony and Nebula were the only ones who survived Thanos snapping. After finding out where Thanos was hiding, they went to see him in hopes of using the stones.

They wanted to undo everything, but when they found Thanos, the stones were destroyed and Thor cut off his head. For the first year, Y/N was still in contact with the others, but her demeanor changed from day to day and she isolated herself from everyone.

Tony and Amy couldn't get through to her anymore. Natasha couldn't get through to her either. She was also ignored by you. The only two you spoke to were Venom and Vision.

5 years later

Natasha POV

I made myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I listened to what the others had to say. In the whole 5 years I hadn't given up hope to get the others back.

"Yeah. We boarded that highly-suspect warship Danvers pinged. It was an infectious garbage scow. So thanks for the hot tip."

"Well, you were closer."

"Yeah. And now we smell like garbage."

"You get a reading on those tremors?"

"T'was a mild subduction under the African plate."

"Do we have a visual? How are we handling it?"

"Nat. It's an earthquake under the ocean. We handle it by not handling it."

"Carol, are we seeing you here next month?"

"Not likely."

"What? You gonna get another haircut?"

"Listen, fur face. I'm covering a lot of territory. The things that are happening on Earth are happening everywhere. On thousands of planets."

"All right, all right. That's a good point."

"So, you might not see me for a long time."

"All right. Uh, well....This channel's always active. So, if anything goes sideways....anyone's making trouble where they shouldn't...comes through me."

"Ok."

"Good luck."

The others left and Rhodey was the only one left. I looked at him and needed to know if he had found him. After Y/N isolated herself, Clint was gone too. I was afraid that Clint would do something stupid.

"Where are you?"

"Mexico. The Federales found a room full of bodies. Looks like a bunch of cartel guys...never even had a chance to get their guns off."

"It's probably a rival gang."

"Except it isn't. It's definitely Barton. What he's done here...what he's been doing for the last few years...I mean, the scene that he left....I gotta tell you, there's a part of me that doesn't even wanna find him."

"Will you find out where he's going next?"

"Nat?"

"Please?"

"Ok."

After Rhodey disconnected, I didn't know what to do. I really need someone to talk to, but Y/N hasn't spoken to me or the others in 4 years. So I didn't even notice how Steve entered the room.