Chapter 22

3rd Person POV

After they all came back, everyone looked at each other. "So it worked? We all have the stones?" asked Tony now. Before any of the others could answer, Amy ran towards them. She stopped in front of the others and looked around. "Where is she? Uncle Clint, Aunt Natasha where is my mother?" Amy now asked. Only now did the others realize that there was no trace of you.

"What happened to my daughter?" Tony now asked, fearing the worst. He now looked at Natasha and Clint. And you could see that Natasha was fighting back her tears. "We were attacked. And she...and she..." Clint started and then looked down.

half an hour before

Still 3rd Person POV

After Rhodey and Nebula were dropped off, Clint, Natasha and Y/N continued to Vomir. You sat behind Clint and Nat and listened to them both.

"It's almost like in Budapest."

"We're a long way from Budapest."

"I feel like I'm in Doctor Who. We get into the Tardis and travel through space and time."

"Wow. Under different circumstances... this would be totally awesome." came from Clint when you all saw Vomir in front of you. After the ship landed, you left it and started walking up the mountain. You didn't know why, but you had a bad feeling about the whole thing. And since Clint brought the necklace back from Amy, you could have a pretty good idea of what was going to happen.

"I bet the racoon didn't have to climb a mountain."

"Technically he's not a racoon, you know?"

"Oh, whatever. He eats garbage." grumbled Nat now. You had to laugh about it. Some time later you reached the top of the mountain. A hooded figure appeared in front of you. Nat drew their guns, Clint his katana, and Venom took over your body.

"Welcome. Natasha. Daughter of Ivan. Clint. Son of Edith. Y/N. Daughter of....."

"Shut up. I don't want to hear anything. I don't trust you. I recognize your voice from my time in Hydra."

"Who are you?"

"Consider me a guide...to you...and to all who seek the soul stone."

"Oh, good. You tell us where it is, then we'll be on our way."

"If only it were that easy, Fräulein. What you seek lies in front of you. As does what you fear. The stone's down there. For one of you. For the other...In order to take the stone...you must lose that which you love. An everlasting exchange. A soul for a soul." said Red Skull to the three of you.

Clint and Nat sat together and talked. While you were standing near the cliff and looking down.

Are you sure you want to do this?

You know as well as I do that I have to do it.

Because we can't die?

Exactly and that's why it will be us who get the stone. you talked to Venom. You knew that this was the only way to save everyone. Now you overhear Clint and Natasha's conversation.

"How's it going? Jesus. Maybe he's making this shit up."

"No. I don't think so."

"Why? 'Cause he knows your daddy's name?"

"I didn't. Thanos left here with the stone...without his daughter. That's not a coincidence."

"Yeah."

"Whatever it takes."

"If we don't get that stone...billions of people stay dead."