Chapter 1

Hope you guys enjoy it.

Thank you.

*******************

I was staring at her brown, doe eyes which were reflecting nothing but deepened sorrow. However, I couldn't just stop defending my statement either. Whatever I was thinking that supposed to be understandable to her. Then why? Why was she bending to stick in the suspicion of her in dedication?

"Why are you so against this engagement? How many tests do you need to take? Why are you so stubbornly supporting Sundar? Do you think she will be happier with him just beacuse he is your long-termed friend?" I blurted out my thoughts, that I was having for long.

She didn't take off her eyes from me, rather looking at me constantly.

"It's not about Sundar anymore, neither it's about Arpita di. Uday as a human isn't good. You aren't believing the obvious. That's my problem." Her words made me frustrated.

What exactly are you talking about, Imlie?

"Listen Imlie, for the last time I'm-" Her right hand went inside my Sarwani's pocket; I felt that she put something in it.

"What did you-" I got interrupted with her eyes that reflected nothing; no spark, no joy nothing.

This is not good...

I felt my heart began to beat faster, anticipating something terrible. Her face was all cold.

"Please see it, if you want to." She said before turning.

"What are you doing?" I gulped my saliva looking at her halted figure.

She turned her face putting a smile, that I had never seen before and I never wished to see it too.

"I'm not a member of this family. Thus I have no reason to stay here anymore." Her response turned me numbed, dumbfounded.

She started walking away from me without turning back once. I stood still watching her going away from me, farther and farther in the hall full of dancing people in their own rhythm.

Moments passed when I gained my rational mind back. Searching in my pocket, I found a solid object touching my palm. Picking it out, I discovered a pendrive wrapped in a yellow piece of soft cloth.

°°°°°°

"Check the files and get me everything RIGHT NOW!" I cut the call immediately.

The rage in me was reaching its peak. Uday, a man who never respected his own parents; rejected them; insulted their dignity. How the hell didn't I see it before?

Because you stopped listening to her..

My conscience replied.

"Imlie.." I whispered; realisation hit me.

I need to reach you, Imlie. I put my phone and walked out from my study room. The email notification which I was waiting for had come along with commissioner Rudra's call.

°°°°°°°°

"Lalla, you are sending your Badi maa jail? Don't you have any shame?" Her raspy voice threw 'ghee' in my infuriating fire.

"Shame? The same thing that you didn't have while trying killing me and Imlie together in our wedding day? Well, no." Her eyes widened along with BD's.

"That's the conspiracy of that wicked wife of yours, Imlie. I could neve-"

"It's not her It's me, who found out everything. She just brought me the evidence against Uday. I was the one who digged the history further with you and Uday." I replied smilingly; fury was the only emotion I could feel at that time.