Chapter 4

Note- Due to plot development and logical understanding, the storyline of past life will differ from the original story of the show, Imlie. Thus, don't be confused, while reading this story.

Happy reading!

Thank you.

************

Extending her hands in mid air, she was having a bit of assurance about her existence. She was laying on the bed and thinking about events that she just witnessed. What was that? How was that? Why was that? Was her existence just a fragment of imagination to others? Was that thing really happened in reality? She didn't know. She didn't want to know. Rather than being in her all-happens-for-good bubble, she would prefer some straight up facts that she supposed to grasp.

Waking up from the bed, she rushed towards her cupboard. Her other roommate was sleeping peacefully in her own bed. She needed to collect her wits, before her sanity ceased completely. Folding her clothes inside her bag, she started walking towards warden's quarters. She needed to inform her absence, before she set off to her home, Pagdandia.

Her eyes fell on the calendar hanging on the wall for the last time. November 10, 2021, it was.

************

She was truly happy to see her daughter, laughing with her neighbours peers. After her sudden, undesirable wedding with her son-in-law, she used to feel tensed every passing moment. What if, her daughter faced the same destiny that she had. What if, her ill fate brought her upon the same misery, that she was going through these 19 years. What if.. No! She wouldn't think about it anymore. Her daughter, Imlie was smiling in joy. That was the only thing she needed now.

"But Imlie-a, why so sudden? Did something bother you?" She couldn't help but asked the girl before her to ease herself more.

"Yes, amma. Something happened," she replied with a small smug, while coming near her.

Hearing her daughter's words, her heart twisted in sudden unpleasantness. She waited for her daughter to continue.

"I needed some advice for something. May I ask?" She said grinning eye to eye to the child next to her; he just finished his ice cream that his neighbourhood elder sister, Imlie brought for him.

She immediately replied in curiously to her daughter's query,"Yes, ofcourse, Imlie-a."

"Amma, I have two roads in front of me. One walks down towards a path of no disturbance, complete avoidance from the critical issues, and a comparatively smoothness. But no adventure or growth, just survival in no turbulence. Another brings undesirable troubles, unexpected challenges, a complete upside down life, and not a single word of smoothness. On which path should I run my life?" Imlie stated her ambiguous question.

She was completely taken a back from her daughter's sudden enlightened question. This question was itself a trap, as if her daughter was asking for a way out from it in her unique way.

She didn't worry to answer it, rather she felt that she was capable to unfolding it like a professional,"What do you want, Imlie-a?"

"Nothing but a moment of peace, aamma." Imlie responded with her yearning face.

"Then a life of only survival is a peace for you?"

Imlie didn't reply it immediately. She said after a pause,"No."

"What is peaceful to you?"

"Something I love."

"Then what do you love?"

"Challenges that ensure my adventurous growth."

She smiled before giving the final answer to her darling daughter,"Then, you've found your answer."