Chapter 2

Happy reading!

*********

That was the moment, when Narmada spoke up after having a long pause, "Arpi, I'm having palpitation out of the blue. Aru and Imlie will be okay, right?"

It wasn't new of her mother to behave like this, whenever her brother and sister-in-law went out for long time at night. She usually handled it quickly. However, for the first time after his marriage, she couldn't say a word of solence to her mother sooner. Her heart was beating faster; stomach was having butterflies in a bad way. As if it were giving the signs of something ominous.

"Yes maa! Don't think too much. They will be coming in anytime soon." She replied forcing a smile on her face.

Are they really be fine?

Staring at the wall of her mother's room, she was calming herself down. It would be some anxiety after today's big drama in their house. They must be fine.

"Arpi, can you bring me your catalogue that you're showing last week?" Her mother's voice brought her back into this world.

"Sure, maa! I'll be bringing it from my room." Smilingly she got up from the bed.

Before her second wedding controversy, she had rejoined at her work with the help of Imlie and Aryan. Her sister-in-law inspired her and her brother supported her. It had been 1 month since then. Her 'well wisher' Badi maa was bent to stop her becoming independent again. Needless to say, she didn't care.

Walking on their wide balcony she was looking at her front. The night sky with skyscrapers were visible from the transparent glasses of windows. Suddenly the bulbs turned off, leaving her halted in the darkness.

"Powercut?" She whispered in confusion.

It was unusual in Rathore mansion. She was about to turned on the torch of her phone with the help of dim light coming from outside. It seemed like only this mansion was facing it.

"Should I contact the-"

CRACK. BOOM.

A thunder striked nearby of their residence. She was quite shocked to react. But that was it. Just once. The lights came back with no trace of this sudden phenomenon. She looked at the night sky and found no cloud in her sight.

That's weird!

She was about to check it again, her phone rang, flashing her brother's name on it.

**************

"Imlie, Imlie listen to me! Please look at me! I'm your ABP! Look at me.." I was holding her hand tightly trying to wake her up.

But why isn't she opening her eyes?

"Sir, she's no more.. please-"

"SHUT UP! JUST SHUT UP! HOW DARE YOU TO SAY SUCH THINGS! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? I'M ARYAN SINGH RATHORE! WATCH YOUR MOUTH BEFORE ME! CALL THE AMBULANCE RIGHT NOW!" My rage was slipping out of my control.

The audacity of that man!

"Imlie look at me, haan! Let's break his misconceptions, okay? Wake up and show them the truth. Okay? Imlie.." I was caressing her face.