Chapter 3

Hope you guys enjoy reading it.

Thank you.

***********

I was staring at my present sister and mother like a fool, while thinking every possible reason for my current situation. There was no difference in our house. It was as it was before Imlie set her foot here.

Did I actually travel back to past? Did I really do something without my own consciousness? Did my wish really come true? But how?

It was bizarre to the point, that I began to deny my sanity.

"ARU! COME BACK TO EARTH!" My trance broke, hearing my sister's sudden yelling.

Controlling my urge to shout back, I spoke up, "Here I'm. Happy now?"

She gave me her known smug before digging her food again. I had my piece of breakfast as well. However, this turn of the event didn't let me eat for long. I needed to find out about everything. From my current situation to current location of my wife. I needed to get out from our house, for my 'new office' as soon as possible.

Getting up from my chair, I almost ran towards my room. Although, I had to hear some of my sister's 'concerning' words, while doing so.

But who cares? At least a time traveller won't!

°°°°°°°°

"So, six months and approximately 20 days. I came back to 200 days ago in total, right?" While calculating the time on my phone, I noted down everything on my notebook.

However, I didn't have to do this for long. As soon as I rolled up my sleeves of my shirt, a specific number engraved in my left wrist, came into my sight: 199. It was imprinted in crimson red.

Day-199, the day, I returned home with my wife, Imlie's last reminds.

°°°°°°°°°°°

I drove my car away from the familiar road, which I had visited in the past countless times. Even though, my secretary sent me all the locations and details to finish her duty, I didn't bother to check it for obvious reason. Since my childhood days, I had eidetic memory. I clearly recalled the time, place, situation, when I first met Imlie in the past. She was walking on the road and got almost hit by my car.

Thanks to that stupid stone on the road!

I chuckled.

This time, it would be different. I would pick her up from here. I would be doing my best to impress her from day 1. I let out a laugh after pulling my car on that sideway. The clock indicated the exact time of occurrence, location was on check; I slowed down the speed in order to 'safety landing' before her. But, it didn't happen. 1 minute, 2 minutes, 3 minutes, 1 hour passed since I was looking for her in the road, wondering about the cause of this distinction.

Did my travelling back in the past, cause some butterfly effect? 

"What if she actually weren't existing in this realm, only I might return?" I felt cold waves spreading throughout my body.

"No!" I couldn't jump into the conclusion just like that.

It was possible to change certain small, insignificant incidents like this, as long as the past remained the same, to the broader perspective.

I drove out to Bhasker Times, in order to schedule the internship interviews, that I was supposed to take from tomorrow.

°°°°°°°°

"Send Shakshi into my cabin," I put down the telephone after checking the documents of our aspirants.

KNOCK. KNOCK.