Blindsided Part 2

DISCLAIMER: I don't own anything The fanfiction is just Adopted The Httyd Franchise and Books belongs to Dreamscape and Cressida Cowell.

'Thoughts'

"Speeches"

"Aliens/Supervillains"

{Telepathy}

"Yelling and Exclamation!"

"Whispering and Silent Yelling!"

"~{Communication}~"

[Scripts]

( Flashback )

🎶Singing🎶

"-( Foreign Language )-"

"OC"

{Announcement/Narrator}

Chapter 8. Blindsided Part 2.

All who were watching were disappointed to see the two teens in the future decided to ignore the romantic tension. Not many noticed that Astrid moved away from Hiccup though. The teens did though.

Snotlout was cheering inside! Finally! The nightmare is over and Astrid realizes Hiccup is not for her!

Fishlegs and Heather looked a bit sad at this as they wanted those two to get together. They looked at each other for a second before turning away.

The twins may not be the smartest on Berk but they knew emotions well. And inside, they already had theories and hypotheses regarding the situation. They had some tact not to voice them out loud. Or maybe too interested in what happens next.

Stoick also noticed this and his face fell. Of the current crop of teens he liked Astrid the most. Sure, Snotlout was his nephew, but the boy never impressed the Chief. The twins were, as Hiccup eloquently put, a "Double Disaster", and Fishlegs was not leadership material.

Gobber offered an encouraging smile to his friend, which he did not return.

ASTRID: Do you hear that?

HICCUP: Hear what?

ASTRID: Something's coming at us.

[Toothless jumps ahead of Astrid and Hiccup to protect them]

Even though they got used to seeing the Night Fury act so protective over its friend, people were still in mild disbelief.

HICCUP: Astrid, what are you doing?

ASTRID: It's okay. It's Stormfly.

HICCUP: Huh.

[Stormfly gets to Astrid and the girl hugs her dragon]

If there was any doubt about it before, there was none now. Deadly Nadder, ignoring some of the warning growls from fellow dragons, approached the girl slowly. Astrid got up, at first a bit defensively, before deciding to relax. She slowly walked up to her, arms aloft, before offering her hand (Like Hiccup before, though she tried not to think about that boy for now). Deadly Nadder pressed her snout against her palm without hesitation.

Vikings looked amazed! They did not see Hiccup doing that so what the Hofferson girl did was a first. Astrid's parents were a bit worried at first, but decided to relax once they saw the dragon meant their girl no harm.

"So, I guess your name is Stormfly, right, girl?" The Nadder would only coo affectionately. They both eventually settled down with a bit miffed Toothless (he did not like attention NOT being on him) moving a bit to make room for the newcomer. The other teens looked at Nadder with no worries. After a Night Fury, nothing could scare them. Probably.