An Affair to Remember

"You really should try dating again." Chris said running a hand through her hair walking out of the room with her twin, smiling when Alex joined them. "I agree." Alex said quietly, she was slowly coming out of her shell, but was still pretty shy. "I don't know." Rory muttered clutching the strap of her back pack. 

"We need to talk." Jake said with a grim look on his face. "I have a free period." Chris said stepping forward. "Are you okay?"

"I'll explain. Come on." The sophomore said throwing his arm over the blondes shoulder and leading her away. Chris sent Rory and Alex a concerned look over her shoulder before looking up at Jake in concern. "Okay."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You're scaring me Jake." Chris said softly, watching the boy pace his dorm room, Ryder was sat beside her watching. "Something big happened." Ryder said softly, running his hand through his red hair, the blonde looked at him before looking back to her brothers boyfriend as he slumped into one of the wing back chairs.

Jake ran a hand through his hair looking at the blonde, her blue eyes wide with concern. "We went to the bar on Saturday. Stefan and Damon didn't notice that we were there and they started talking. Ryder caught the conversation." The oldest of the three explained, Chris turned to the other boy, raising an eyebrow at him.

Ryder sighed pulling the recorder out of his pocket and handing it to the girl. Chris frowned taking it from him and pressing play. The youngest Gilmore remained silent as she listened to the conversation, her eyebrows furrowed.

Chris sighed rubbing her forehead when the recording stopped, she held up her hand when Jake went to speak. "I still don't like it, but we should get them to meet up." Chris stated, a frown tugging at her lips. "There is more going on than we know." The girl mumbled under her breath, her eyebrow furrowed in concern. 

"And the only way we'll figure it out is if we let them meet up." Jake sighed taking a deep breath, he didn't like this, something was happening right under their noses and they had to put one of the most important people in their lives mental health in danger. 

"I'll call them later tonight, but I need to talk to Stefan first." Ryder winced, he felt a little sorry for him, but not enough to warn him of Hurricane Christina heading his way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stefan jumped when he felt an arm loop through his. "Hey Steffie. Walk with me?" Chris questioned with a dark smile, but Stefan knew it was a demand not a request. "Of course." The green eyed male said, he was smiling, but he was a little terrified.

"You know, I'm just a freshman, just like you. What you don't know is that my grandparents are alumni here, and I'm really good friends with the Deans grandson, which also means I know quite a few people here. Take a quick look around." The blonde said still smiling, the taller of the two did as she said. Glancing around the hall they were walking in, he could see multiple people tensing, looking ready to pull the girl away at a moments notice.

"That's not even counting the people of Stars Hollow. It's a small town you know. Now, we're all really nice people, and we don't like it when people hurt who hurt ours. Now that isn't what I wanted to talk to you about." The girl dismissed as quickly as she brought it up, Stefan could barely keep up.

"As I was saying, I know a lot of people, some who are allowed into bars." Chris said making Stefan stop, finally catching onto what the girl was saying. "Someone overheard Damon and I." It was a question, they both knew that, and they both knew there was a line the Crawford brothers were close to crossing.

"There's something you weren't saying and I get the distinct feeling you won't be saying it until Ryan is in front of you. So, I'm telling you now. I will be there and ,my husband will be there, because I don't trust you as far as I could throw you, and we both know that isn't very far."

Stefan tensed up with a nod and Chris released his arm, the green eyed boy ran his hand over where her nails had dug into his arm. "Have a great day." Chris chirped before skipping away, waving at random people.

"God that girl is terrifying." Stefan mumbled before smiling softly to himself. "I'm glad you have someone so ready to burn the world for you Ry."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris was walking around when she saw her sister sister sitting under a tree, surrounded by books to study with. "Whatcha doing Rors?" Chris asked sitting in front of her sister, folding her legs beneath her. Rory glanced up at her twin with a deep sigh and a pout on her lips. 

"I can't study in my dorm, it's too loud." Rory explained before smiling softly. "But this tree is perfect and quiet." The brunette said making the blonde sighed reaching out to hold her twins hand. "Honey, you have a spare key, you are always welcome to come study in our dorm." Chris said softly making Rory smile softly at her twin.

"Thank you Chris."

"Of course, but now I got people to call, cause life is difficult." Chris grumbled, smiling softly when Rory giggled at the girl, waving as she walked away. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris groaned as she woke up to her phone ringing. "Hello?" The girl grumbled tiredly, not fully awake just yet. "Hey, you called?" Ryan said softly, the blonde sat up with a frown on her face. "Yeah. Turns out there's a lot more going on behind the scenes than any of us know." The blonde Gilmore explained settling back against her pillows, smiling at Layla when she slipped in, handing the girl a coffee before leaving again. 

"What do you mean pretty girl?" Jess asked, Ryan's phone on speaker between the two on their beat up coffee table. "What do you know about your grandmother Ry?" Chris asked instead making the adopted Gilmore pause to think. "Not much, I only met her once or twice when I was younger. Dad had a bunch of issues with her. Why?" The oldest asked making Chris sigh before taking a sip of her coffee. 

"Apparently, she took your bios out of  her will. They're looking for you, your brothers found you first and sadly I do believe they haven't said anything to the bio's." Chris explained softly, setting her mug down to run a hand through her hair. "But you think there's more they aren't saying." Jess continued on for his wife. "And they won't say anything until they see me." Ryan groaned throwing his head back.

He had been putting off seeing Stefan and Damon because he wasn't sure how he would handle it, mentally or physically. "Listen Ry. Yes, you're gonna have to talk to them, but there is no chance you're doing it alone. Don't rush back, they can wait til you and Jess get back here. As far as those two know you're in Stars Hallow, so even if they do tell your bio's, they won't be able to get to you." Chris reassured the oldest Gilmore sibling who calmed as  Jess wrapped an arm around his brother in law.

"Your the best C." Ryan cooed, smiling as the girls happy giggle. "I know. Love you guys, bye." Chris quickly hung up before either could say anything making the brothers laugh at the girl.  "You okay?" Jess asked the dirty blonde who shrugged his face screwed up. "I don't know yet." Ryan answered, Jess nodded bumping his shoulder against the olders. "We'll be there." Jess promised making Ryan smile softly. "I know."