Application Anxiety

Chris was finally healthy, so she was free to relax on the on the couch watching TV. "This is sublime." Rory cheered as they watched 'The Brady Bunch Variety Hour'.  

"It was the golden age of television." Lorelai told her daughters who smiled. "The music, the costumes, the sets." Chris continued to praise the show from where her twin had left off.

"All cylinders were fired on this one, boy!" The twins mother said pointing at the screen with a goofy smile. 

"And who knew that they all had such musical talent?" The Rory said with a nod. "And such far out booty shaking abilities, as well." Chris joked making her twin giggle.

Eddie, the mailman, walked in and set the mail on the doorway bench. "Mail, ladies." Eddie said before heading back out. "Thanks Eddie." Lorelai and Chris chirped as Rory stood up to grab the mail.

"Did you see that TV Guide had this on their list of the worst fifty shows of all time?" Rory asked her twin and mother making Chris gasp sarcastically.

" I know! Who are they to judge?" Lorelai said making her youngest roll her eyes, before three orange envelopes were dropped on her lap, the blondes eyes widening when she realized what they were.

"I gotta go." Chris stuttered before rushing out of the house and heading towards the diner, where both Ryan and Jess should be working their shifts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris dropped the envelopes in front of the boys, on the counter ignoring Luke's shout of protest. "Harvard, Yale, and NYU." Chris said pointing to each application, she was shaking.

"Your college applications?" Ryan asked the frantic girl who nodded biting her lip. Jess walked around the counter and began to rub the girls shoulders. 

"Breath." The male told his girlfriend, who relaxed into Jess's arms. "You can sit right there and fill them out, we'll be here to calm you down and refill your cup." Jess promised to Chris who nodded and jumped onto the stool. 

"Tea please, the last thing I need is the caffeine make my nerves." The blonde said while opening the Harvard application.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris sat at a table with her twin and Dean. "Thank you." The twins chirped as Luke refilled their cups.

"Do they let kids drink coffee before school?" Luke asked the twins who shared a look. 

"Why, do you think it might lead to harder stuff? Lattes, cappucinos. . ." Chris teased with a bright smile making Rory laugh.

"Forget I asked." The diner owner snapped before walking away. Chris beamed at the man before picking up her cup to take a sip.

Rory smiled at her twin before turning to her boyfriend. "So, what are you doing Saturday?" Rory asked the boy who was using his fork to push around his food.

Chris rolled her eyes and walked away, she did her days worth of putting up with her twins boyfriend. 

"Hey Luke." The blonde greeted plopping down on a stool, using a hand to rub her forehead. The diner owner glanced at the girl with a soft  smile.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris and Rory were watching Paris argue with a teacher. 

"Everyone always says that! This is my speaking voice. This is its natural volume! Fine, fine!" Paris ranted before making her way over to the twins.