They Shoot Gilmore's, Don't They?

Lorelai was eager to find a dance partner while Chris and Rory couldn't care less.

Chris refused to participate in the 24-hour dance after the event two years ago when her partner had stepped on her foot, and broke three bones.

It was her fault, she had decided to use a heavy-set wrestler, who doubled her weight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The twins and Lorelai were at dinner with Emily. 

"This is amazing chicken, Mom. I mean it, really great." Lorelai said as she cut her food, lifting the fork to her mouth.

The twins smiled softly, who knew what their mother was going to do. "Thank you, Lorelai." Emily said with a small smile.

"It's like super chicken. I bet it could fly. Have you tried tossing it out the window?" The twins mother asked, Chris bit her lip to keep herself from laughing.

"All right, what's going on?" The Gilmore matriarch asked glancing at her daughter. 

Lorelai held the woman's gaze, her face twisting into confusion.

"What? I like the chicken." The twins mother protested, shaking her head.

Emily raised an eyebrow. "Nobody likes the chicken that much, Lorelai." The twins grandmother stated as she set her utensil's back down on the table.

"I'm in a good mood." Lorelai stated with a shrug, Rory and Chris shared a look. Here we go.

"Why?" The matriarch asked, her eyes narrowing in suspicion. 

Lorelai rolled her eyes before looking down at her plate. "My God, it's my ninth grade homecoming dance all over again." The mother of two said as she cut into her chicken.

"Homecoming dance?" Chris asked running her hand through her hair, smiling at the now completely brown hair.

"In ninth grade, I got asked to the homecoming dance and I didn't think I would, and I was in a really good mood, and Mom got so annoyed that she made me go to my room." Lorelai told her daughters before taking a drink. 

Chris couldn't hold the small laugh that escaped her. "Grandma?" Rory called, she needed to know the other side of this story.

"She was sitting at the table giving all the peas voices." Emily explained making Chris nod, her mother still does that.

"I would've sent you to your room also." Chris said narrowing her eyes playfully, shaking her finger at her mother.

Emily smiled at the youngest Gilmore while Lorelai smiled softly while rolling her eyes.

"With a little encouragement, I could've been the Senor Wences of the vegetable set." The mother of two defended herself making her daughters smile at her.

"Lorelai." Emily said trying to get back onto the topic at hand.

Lorelai waved off her mother, setting down her cup. "Okay, okay, okay. It'll come out soon enough. Today, ladies and gentlemen, I found a dance partner." Lorelai exclaimed proudly making her daughter's perk up.

"You did?" Rory asked with a smile, her mother was always crazy about the dance marathon. 

Lorelai nodded with a huge smile. " A good one." The twins mother said making Chris smile in relief, now she wouldn't bug her or Rory.

Emily blinked in confusion, she had no clue what the younger Gilmore's were talking about.

"What are you talking about, a dance partner? A dance partner for what?" The matriarch asked glancing at each girl, trying to understand what was going on.