There's the Rub

The Gilmore girls walked into the diner where the construction for Luke's apartment was happening. " Geez, look at this place." Lorelai said as the three sat a table. "It's a mess." The twins said as the girls sat at a table. "Nope – can't sit here." Luke said as he approached the table with a pot of coffee.

"Why not?" Chris asked tilting her head to the side, they were always allowed to sit anywhere they wanted. "Three people got nailed in the head here earlier." Luke explained to the three Gilmore's who looked at him. "But their food was okay, right?" Lorelai asked as Luke let out an angered sigh. "Will you just move?" Luke asked before the twins mothers phone rang. "Outside." Luke ordered pointing to the door as the older woman dug through her purse.

"You know, if I sit here one more second, I just might be outside. Order me some coffee." Lorelai joked as she finally pulled out her phone, before heading outside. Jess walked up to the table that the twins sat at, wearing a blue hard hat, before handing Chris a black umbrella before walking away. "Oh, you are really funny. You and Tom should put an act together. I'd leave it open." Luke calls after his nephew before turning to Chris who pulled her twin closer just as debris fell from the roof and onto the umbrella. A few minutes later Lorelai walked back in and saw her daughter huddled under an umbrella. " I'm going to a spa with my mother." Lorelai sighed. "Lean forward." Rory ordered so her mother would be protected under the umbrella.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lorelai was sitting on her bed talking on the house phone while the twins packed her bag. "So, then we're all confirmed. Uh, great. Thanks so much for your help. Okay, bye." Lorelai said before hanging up. "Yeeessss!" The mother said as she continued writing in her notebook. "That was an evil yes." Chris accused as she stood beside her mother to put clothes in her mothers suitcase.

"Not an evil yes. It's a 'yes, I'm pretty, but hello, I'm smart' kind of a yes." Lorelai denied looking at Rory who folded clothes before placing them in the bag. "Oh, our mistake." Rory teased with a smile. "So here's the deal – I go into my facial just as my mother is finishing her salt glow, which will end ten minutes after I've hit my scalp treatment which puts me in the watsu massage pool at least six minutes into her back facial. Uh, in fact, the day is so well planned, I won't see her until dinner which will be cut tragically short by the food poisoning I plan to contract." The mother told her twin daughters who shared a look.

"You are twelve and disgusting." The twins said at the same time. "I am trapped and desperate." The woman defended herself making her youngest roll her eyes. "You really think you can avoid Grandma the entire weekend?" Chris asked as Rory walked towards the dresser to grab more clothes. "Hey, I'm nothing if not a great organizer. Now, let's talk about what you're gonna do tonight. Throwing a party, I hope? Inviting hundreds of bikers and lowlifes who are gonna trash the place?" Lorelai asked her daughters who seemed uninterested.

"We are going to do laundry, watch TV, order Indian food and go to bed early." Rory explained while Chris scrunched her nose up. "Rory is going to order Indian, I am ordering some sushi." Chris rephrased while her twin nodded. "And then come the bikers and lowlifes who are gonna trash the place?" Lorelai tried smiling at Chris, she was the more troublesome twin. "We may even fall asleep on the couch with the TV on." Chris offered in defeat, she really wanted to do something fun, but Rory was stuck on a twin night. " When do the bikers and lowlifes get to trash the place?" Lorelai sighed, why were her daughters such good people.

"Your all packed." Rory said as she shut the suitcase, Lorelai had snatched a shirt out and threw it across the room.  "Chris, Rory, you have to do something bad when Mommy's out of town. It's the law. You're seen Risky Business, right? Now I'm not asking for a prostitution ring, but how about a floating craps game or something?" Lorelai begged her daughters. "Okay mom. I promise to drink a beer that is in the fridge." Chris said making her mother beam at her. "That's my girl." Lorelai said patting her daughters hand.