Estrangement

(Y/n)'s POV:

(Y/n) has entered the chat

Y/n: Jason! My dude! Can you believe this shit?! I'm in another universe!

Y/n: Sheeeesh

I chuckled at what I've wrote to Jason but it was short lived when there wasn't a response.

I knew. I knew he can't reply. But I still do it as a way to cope with the reality that slapped my face. As a way to ground myself that Jason and Mr. Darius is in fact just somewhere else but very far. That we still exists in the same world.

At first, when I discovered I could still communicate with Jason and Mr. Darius, I got excited and immediately called them. After the first call failed, I tried again. And again and again and again. I repeated the action for ten minutes straight. I began to feel frustration but quickly calmed down and opted to message them instead, hoping maybe even if they were somehow too busy to pick up their phone, they could at least see the messages I sent.

Only, it didn't went the way I hope it did.

This user does not exist

I was obviously baffled by the note on my screen. It didn't made sense at all. Jason's picture was clearly there as well as the past conversation we've had.

But it was as if the universe is unable to acknowledge Jason's existence as a whole. Or was it me?

Now whenever I texted him or Mr. Darius, I could only stare at the screen blankly.

Y/n:...I hope you're doing well. Buddy as well.

Y/n: If you ever see Mr. Darius tell him I said hi.

Y/n: Riiiight school is just around the corner right? Damn time sure passes by quickly. Plus it's our last year in highschool! Sucks that I'm stuck here tho. I wonder if they're going to enroll me into one? Maybe with Draken.

Y/n: Anyways, you better not mess it up Jason. With or without me, you got this

Y/n:...I really miss you all. I wish I can go back home. I'm sorry for suddenly disappearing.

Y/n: It's ok tho, I'll find a way back. So until then y'all better take care if yourselves.

Y/n: I love you all.

With a deep sigh, I let my arms fall onto the bed with my phone still in one hand as I stare at the ceiling.

A knock then resonated from the door. I sat up, "Come in." I was surprised to see a lady from the brothel instead of Draken. 

I guess it make sense. This guy won't knock no matter how many times I've reminded him.

I subtly hid my phone with the pillow. Not in the mood to answer complicated questions right now. "Hello ma'am. How can I help you?" I watch in curiosity as she walks closer to my bed, "May I sit?" she gesture beside me which I get the memo. I gave a nod of approval. "Thank you." she proceed to sit down.

There was a moment of silence as the lady in front of me seemed to be deep in thoughts. Then she offers me a small smile, "You seem sad these days, (y/n)." The way how her soft voice carried the word sad struck a cord in me and I knew she hit the nail on the head with that one. Yet, my immediate response was to play it off as if it was nothing, "Me? sad? Don't worry I'm not, ma'am. If anything this is my default skin haha." I stop joking when she suddenly frown. She then place a hand on my head and proceed to ruffle my hair, "You know, Draken has been worried about you when you didn't came out of your room the whole day. He told us how you looked down when he visited you." I wanted to say something back but I stayed quiet instead. I felt like I had no room to argue. At the same time, I felt like if I spoke now I might say something I regret or worse breaking down. 

She chuckles and took me by surprise by pinching my cheek rather hard, "You're making that face again." I slightly blush when she smugly smile as if she caught me in a lie. The lady stood up while softly caressing my sore cheek, "Us ladies are always open to listen whenever you're ready. Ok?" I smile back in gratitude with a nod, "I'll remember. Thank you." she then left my little provided apartment room.

Even thought she was outside my door, I could still hear a conversation.

"How is she?" - person 1

"It was just as I expected. She doesn't talk much. Now she's making me even more worried." -The nice lady.

"Maybe she's simply in those phases, you know?"- person 2

"But that's not how she was like when I first saw her. This time around it was like something was bothering her."- The nice lady

"Do you think it has something to do with Draken and his gang?"- person 1

"Perhaps, but we shouldn't jump to conclusion. Let's leave her to slowly open up."- The nice lady

I was going to tune out their conversation to listen to music since I only understood like half of it. I got a rough context and that was it. Then one particular line caught my ear.

"You know. I still wonder about how she suddenly appeared seemingly out of nowhere."- person 2

"I've been wondering the same thing. To be honest I had a hard time believing the boss's story. Because how did she suddenly just came from the roof? Considering it was restricted as well. Plus, one of us would've seen her coming in, but we don't. She seem almost...out of this world."- person 1

"I completely understand your concerns but we shouldn't judge."- The nice lady

Having enough of the conversation and not giving a shit anymore, I put on my mask, strap my web shooters on snuck out from the window. In that moment, I didn't really care if I changed my outfit to my disguise not since it was dark anyways. With everything on, I promptly left. 

Swinging away I would hear some people exclaimed in awe or gasp. I opted towards the tallest building. I catapult myself to the top. Once I reached the top, I took off my mask as I turn to face the city.

A deep inhale was then followed by a primal scream filled with sorrow.

All the stress, all the emotions, all of the bullshits I went through, the lost of my significant ones, the lost of my home. Everything released all through that one scream.

Afterwards, I felt tears running down my cheeks, "I want to go home..." I don't belong here, the people don't like me. I'm just an anomaly that got thrusted into a whole different era. Everyone I knew are gone. 

I'm all alone.