A comforting hand

(y/n)'s POV:

After being confronted comes the following day. The first thing I thought of doing was going to the library to met up with Koko, and possibly Inui as well, to further my japanese. I also wanted to take that occurrence to apologize to Koko. And then I'll do a bit of photography around the neighborhood.

That was my plan, until I came face to face with my biggest and toughest enemy yet.

In front of me stood Draken with his arms crossed, meanwhile I look up a him with a twitched eyebrow and wry smile, "Draken." I began, "I swear to god." I said before I took a deep breath and with a hand shape in an Italian gesture, I speak to him, "I told you. I. Go to library my own. I can!" I said to him exasperated.

He rose a brow, for some reason he doesn't seem convinced nor impressed with what I said to which I instinctively retort back, "Come on Draken stop looking at me like that I'm trying my best here ok?!" I proceed to look away from him, "I never felt so judged in my entire life..." I whispered to myself. I then felt his hand firmly gripping the top of my head but not to the point it hurt. Either way, it didn't stop me from robotically turning my head back to be face with the close proximity of Draken's face, "Listen here (y/n). I can't have you going around and potentially get yourself in trouble now do we." I side eyed after I heard the word trouble, "Ahaha I don't know what you're talking about."

Taking his vulnerability to my advantage, I quickly blinded him with the flash on my Dad's camera to which he cringe hard and I simply took that opportunity to slip pass him through the crack between him and the doorframe. "Hahaha sorry Draken but see you around!" I begin to run all the while Draken's footsteps were right behind me, obviously trying to catch up. Nearing the stairs, I proceed to jump down the flight of stairs. When I landed, I look up to see the angry expression of Draken, "(Y/n) you slick little-" a shit-eating grin made its way on my lips as I quickly snap another pic with the flash on and resume running after Draken shouted my name all the while I giggled.

.

.

I enter the library and walk to where Koko and I usually sat to study together only to notice that he wasn't in his usual seat, considering that he'd always be the first out of the two to show up,  "Huh, he's late today. I guess I'll wait for him then." I proceed to take a seat and make myself comfortable by plugging my earbuds into my phone and listening to some music while waiting.

As my body lightly sway to the music and watching as a couple of individuals passes by from time to time, five songs had played and yet there's still not sign of Koko anywhere.

I lowly whisper to myself, "Maybe he'll be there tomorrow." I then softly exhale. 

I guess I truly fucked up. 

"Guess it's time to move." I proceed to get up but before I could a hand grasp my right shoulder. My head swivel as I look who the hand belong to and I am soon faced with Inui.

A small smile quirks on my lips, "Hello, Inui." he nodded in acknowledgement before removing his hand to take a seat next to me. I lowered the volume on my phone and then remove off my right earbuds so I can hear clearer, "How are you?' I asked as I watched him pick up a random book just casually laying on our table, "Good." oh my, that came out dry as fuck, uuuuh another question! "What did you do today?" this time he looked at me, "Not much, just walked around and did stuffs." silence soon takes place as we just stare at each other. I felt my face starting to get red.

Oh lord save me from this awkwardness.

"Ehehe, sorry. Looks like my japanese needs more work." I eventually said sheepishly as I rub my neck. "No need to be sorry. If anything I like it that way." his statement made me surprised as well as confused, "...Why?" He softly breathe as he looks ahead of him, "I don't know. Maybe because something about the way you speak, the language you spoke with. It's hard to describe, but, it's-" he looks at me, "-a breath of fresh air. Like you have nothing to hide whenever we interact." then he lightly shrugs, "At least that how I feel about it." I proceed to try to convince him that it'd only inconvenient him if I do so, though he quickly intercepted me, "I don't mind." my mouth hangs open for a moment before I close it, but then I decided to retort, "You think you're stubborn? Hah, jokes on you, so am I." I see him blink a couple of time, I proceed to continue where I left off with some added hand gesture into the mix, "Well, if you don't mind but-" I point at him, "I. Still need to practice. Just so you know." I then lower my hands to my laps as I stare expectantly at Inui to see how he reacts, to which an amused huff escaped him. A smile finally broke out into my face as I briefly look away from him being swept up in the lighthearted atmosphere we've both created.