three

hello helloooooo. i hope everyone is doing good on this lovely friday. my ass is currently being kicked by my new classes but anything for a degree i guess😅

i'm still feeling under the weather so this isn't proofread the best. i apologize for any errors🫠

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: NSFW mentions, jealousy, minimal swearing
word count: 3569

JJ: "Find what you love and let it kill you." Charles Bukowski.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

Emily furrowed her eyebrows as she walked towards the elevator. Her confused look immediately vanished as she saw the name on the phone. "Hey you."

"Hey back," Clara said and shut her car door. She made sure to lock it. Her phone was wedged in between her ear and her shoulder.

"What's up?" Emily said and pushed the elevator button. "Did you miss me that much already?"

"You've been back in my life for a few days and you're already being a sarcastic asshole with me?" Clara asked and stopped in her tracks. "That's not very nice, Prentiss."

"Well, Seger, we have a lot of time to make up for," Emily said and entered the elevator. She bit the corner of her lip as she pushed the sixth floor button. "Plus, if I remember correctly, you called me."

"And I was going to invite you over to the shop for dinner around seven but I guess never mind," Clara said jokingly. Emily smirked against her phone as she looked up at the ceiling. "That's only if you're going to be nice and bring a bottle of your favorite wine."

"And as long as I get to be in the kitchen. I want a signature Clara Seger recipe prepared for me and only me," Emily said and watched the numbers climb up slowly. She heard Clara chuckle from the other side of the door.

"I don't remember you being so demanding. I require a payment of liquor," Clara said as she grabbed her keys and unlocked the shop. "What would you like for dinner tonight?"

"Surprise me," Emily said and licked her lips. She could feel the tension building up between the two of them. "I'll let you know when I'm on my way."

"I'll be waiting," Clara said and tried her hardest to suppress her smile. Needless to say, the feelings for Emily were slowly creeping back in. The brunette woman felt more confident now that she's had some experience under her belt. "I'll see you then. Bye, Emily."

Penelope walked out of her office and noticed Emily making her way out of the elevator. She noticed the large smile on her lips and a light blush on her cheeks.

"Bye," Emily said softly. Penelope's eyebrows raised as she watched Emily hang up the phone. The blonde woman quickly made her way over towards Emily. The raven-haired woman furrowed her eyebrows as she heard the quick clacking of heels. "Oh shit."

"Emily Elizabeth Prentiss!" Penelope said sternly, earning her a few curious looks from colleagues passing by. Emily immediately started to do a quick walk up to her office. Penelope tried her hardest to catch up. "JJ! Tara! Body block her!"

The two women looked up in confusion to see Emily trying to make her quick escape. Both of them quickly raced after Emily up the stairs as the woman tried to shut her office door. All three women managed to push it open. The raven-haired woman groaned as she threw her bag down.

"W-Why?" Tara asked and bent over, trying to catch her breathe. "There better be a good reason for having me try this early in the morning."

"Who were you on the phone with that's got you all smiley, Emily? Care to share with the rest of the class?" Penelope asked as she raised her eyebrows. Needless to say, JJ's and Tara's attention was captured. "Hm?"