twelve

hello besties! early morning update. i take my last final today and i'm extremely nervous about it. i've been studying all week and i can't take it anymore😭

not proofread like always✨

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: NSFW, smut! 18+, fingering, car sex, oral sex, swearing, internal homophobia
word count: 3838

Rossi: "You've got to dance like there's nobody watching, love like you'll never be hurt, sing like there's nobody listening, and live like it's heaven on earth." William W. Purkey.

Clara paced back and forth nervously.

The brunette woman was invited to a friend's wedding and immediately asked Emily to join her. This, of course, was seen as a big step for both of them. So, needless to say, Clara's nervous were through the roof.

It was getting closer and closer to the ceremony to start. Clara knew that Emily was never late to anything. She had hoped that Emily wasn't called away on a case. She just wanted this one night with her. One night where they both didn't have to worry about work to just enjoy each other.

Clara looked out the window of the venue and saw the familiar black car pull in. Clara immediately walked out and made her way over towards the car. Emily spotted her coming from the rear-view mirror.

"Hello, hello," Clara said as she opened Emily's door. The raven-haired woman stepped out and smiled widely at her. Clara's eyes immediately scanned across Emily, wanting to take in every detail of the woman. Clara had taken it upon herself to pick out dresses that fit a color palette for them. For Emily, she had gone with a deep emerald green velvet dress with long sleeves, a deep v-neck, and a slit up the side. Emily fit the dress like a glove. It was like she was made to wear it. "My God, you're breathtaking."

Emily's finally got a good look at Clara. The brunette woman was wearing a dark brown off-the-shoulder dress that had a small train. She was currently being covered by a cream-colored fur coat. Clara's naturally wavy hair was pulled back and out of her face. Gold jewelry only accentuated her deep brown eyes.

"You look beautiful as always," Emily said as her eyes shamelessly took in all of Clara. The raven-haired woman leaned over and placed a gentle kiss on Clara's cheek. The two of them pulled back and looked at each other in the eye. Emily leaned in slightly, subtly asking if Clara would be okay with a kiss.

"Emily! Clara!" Monica shouted, only seeing the top of their heads. Both women clenched their jaws as they broke away from each other and made their way over towards the young woman. "They're about to start! Come on!"

Once they were inside, the two women happily sat down towards the back. Clara's two friends, Eleanor and Kate, looked beautiful in their coordinating wedding dresses. The entire cabin was decorated in a dark wine and rose gold palette. Emily adored the birch wood wedding arch with fake roses and carnations.

Emily watched as the two women processed their love for one another. Truthfully, she didn't understand the idea of getting married. Emily had a suspicion that she'd be alone for the rest of her life. A grand wedding like this wasn't something she never saw for herself.

"Are you okay?" Clara whispered as she leaned in closely to Emily. The brunette woman placed her hand on Emily's arm. "You zoned out on me there."

"This wedding is beautiful," Emily said and turned towards Clara. She smiled softly as she interlocked their fingers together. "Thank you for inviting me."

"Of course," Clara said and stroked her thumb over Emily's hand. The raven-haired woman couldn't take her eyes off of Clara now that she was looking at her. She captivated all of Emily's admiration and attention. "What?"