ten

hello faithful readers. i'm sorry for going MIA for a bit. my life has completely changed this past month. i didn't have the motivation to write or be happy in general. my mental and physical health wasn't the best and i'm still working on it. updates might fluctuate depending on how my physical health is🫶

after getting in touch with some awesome people, they've sparked this joy back. a few mutuals on my tiktok have been the biggest blessing to me. i can't thank them enough for words of encouragement and support. i'm back and ready to proceed with life again for as long as i'm able to😌

also i love that my return timed up with the release of the criminal minds reboot. how are we feeling about it?🤩

not proofread ✨

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: NSFW suggested, swearing
word count: 3935

JJ: "Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs." William Shakespeare.

Emily ran around her apartment in full panic mode. She kept glancing at her phone, keeping an eye on the clock. Clara and her agreed on having drinks at Emily's apartment for once, and the raven-haired woman was desperately trying to make dinner.

After nearly burning all of her veggies and chicken in the oven and overcooking a few potatoes, Emily was now making a desperate call.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

"Hell—"

"Rossi!" Emily shouted as she nearly jumped at him through the phone. "Help. Please. I have no idea what I'm doing."

"I can see that," Rossi said and chuckled. "What's going on, kiddo?"

"I have someone coming over for dinner. And—"

"Clara?" Rossi asked and sat back in his seat. Emily's racing mind stopped almost instantly. "Don't try to deny it to me. I haven't seen you that happy since Reid accidentally shoved Morgan down the stairs."

"Wh—"

"And Penelope needs more than just Tara and JJ to talk to," Rossi said and gestured to himself. He could practically hear the eye roll coming from Emily. "What were you trying to make?"

"I don't even know at this point," Emily said and ran a hand down her face. "I don't know what I'm doing. My life is falling apart, and I don't know what I can do about it."

Emily started to laugh as the nerves overtook her. She was one of those people who would burst into laughter instead of crying about how stressed she was. The tears usually held off for about seven minutes once the laughter started.

"I'm here to help you," Rossi said and smiled. "Now what do have on you that you can use?"

"Some tomatoes and about two and a half potatoes," Emily said and sighed softly. She was waiting for a response but didn't get one. "Rossi?"

"I'm sorry, I'm drowning in sorrow over here," Rossi said and ran a hand down his face.

"You're not helping," Emily said and scoffed. "What do I do?"

"Honestly?" Rossi asked and inhaled deeply. "You order a pizza."

"Rossi!" Emily shouted and placed a hand on her hip. "God, you're being really supportive here."

"I wish you good luck!" Rossi said and nodded his head. He didn't say anything else as he hung up the phone.

Emily groaned loudly as she threw her phone down onto the couch. She walked into the kitchen and looked down at the burnt food. The raven-haired woman grunted as she threw the pan into the trash can.