four

hello everyone! i hope everyone is having a great friday just like i am. i'm finding a lot of inspiration to write again so that's always something to be happy about🥰

also not proofread, i haven't had the time😅

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: swearing, bickering, heartbreak
word count: 3255

Rossi: "Living simply makes loving simple." Bell Hooks.

Emily's anxiety raced through the roof as she looked around the patio. She found herself currently sitting outside of a coffee shop with an empty seat across from her. The raven-haired woman tapped her foot as her nerves started to take over. She was physically refraining herself from biting at her nails.

"Could it get any more obvious that you're a wreck?" a voice said from behind her. Emily turned at the sound of the familiar voice. She shut her eyes as she recognized the man standing behind her. She stood up and didn't hesitate to wrap her arms around him. "I could see you tapping your foot from a mile away."

"Derek," Emily said softly as she took in his familiar strong embrace. He chuckled softly as Emily relaxed into his touch.

"Princess Prentiss," Derek said and gently rocked the both of them from side to side. The two of them pulled away at the same time and sat down at the table. Derek immediately leaned forward and interlocked his hands together.

"How is Savannah and Hank? I'm sorry I haven't been be to visit. I got thrown into things after Hotch left, and I didn't know if you wanted me to—"

"Emily, what's going on?" Derek asked and furrowed his eyebrows. Emily was taken back at the interruption and tilted her head slightly. "I know I've been out of the game for a few months, but I can still read obvious signs. You never really lose your profiling skills, so spill it."

"There's nothing to—"

"Spill it," Derek repeated and raised his eyebrows. "Don't make me call Penelope."

"I just—I need your help," Emily said and mirrored Derek's body language. She glanced around to make sure nobody was listening to them. The raven-haired woman sighed softly and played with her nail beds nervously. "I need some girl advice—"

"Uh, Prentiss, I might be the wrong person to ask that. Try JJ or Pe—"

"No, idiot! Not that kind of girl advice," Emily said and smack her hand against Derek's. He chuckled as he shook his head. Emily sighed as she looked around Derek, but never at him. "There's this girl, and I don't know how to feel about it."

"Okay? Does this girl have a name?" Derek asked and tilted his head slightly. He noticed the way Emily's eyes shifted downwards, and how a red tint glowed on her cheeks as she tried to fight the smile on her lips. "Oh look at you lover girl. Come on, tell me the name of the future Mrs. Prentiss."

"Her name is Clara," Emily said and leaned back and crossed her arms. "I've come for advice because, frankly, I have no idea what I'm doing."

"And why is that?" Derek asked and placed his fist under his chin and elbow on the table. Emily sighed as she tilted her head back.

"I've never—experienced this kind of thing before," Emily said and shrugged her shoulders. "I'm not talking about admiration for someone of the same-sex, but I'm talking about you know—"

"Having feelings for her?" Derek asked and wiggled his eyebrows. He sighed as Emily stuttered, not technically disagreeing with him. He pulled his chair in closer to the table and grabbed onto Emily's hands. "Prentiss, spit it out. I can see you're holding something back."