fourteen

SURPRISE! you guys really thought i would be nice and give you all a holiday present? have you met me? i'm nice sometimes😇

in all seriousness, i wanted to give you all two updates this week. i'm forever thankful for each of you and your support on these stories. y'all are seriously amazing. so take this as a small gift for dealing with my chaos🫶

it's just y'all's luck that this chapter is sad LMAOOO

not proofread as usual✨

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🎅🤍

TW: trauma talk, swearing, parental issues, slight homophobia
word count: 3434

Luke: "The greater a child's terror, and the earlier it is experienced, the harder it becomes to develop a strong and healthy sense of self." Nathaniel Branden.

Emily felt odd as she walked down the street towards Clara's place. She looked over her shoulder as she couldn't shake this weird feeling in her heart and stomach. The raven-haired woman carefully looked at all of her surroundings and didn't see anything that would normally cause her to worry.

She ignored this nervous feeling and walked into the restaurant. Emily smiled widely as she was greeted with a very happy looking Monica. "Well, hello Miss Monica! Did you miss me this much that you're this happy to see me?"

"I'm just in a good mood," Monica said and shrugged her shoulders. Emily wiggled her eyebrows as she noticed the same man from the wedding, Marcus, one of Clara's workers, here cleaning the tables.

"Mhm, your good mood missed a spot on the table," Emily said and pointed towards the obvious large stain that he didn't see. Both women pursed their lips as they silently shook their heads. "He's cute at least. That has to count for something."

Emily turned her head when she noticed the kitchen door opened. Clara saw her there and immediately lit up in a smile. Emily saw the rather large tray of food she was balancing on her shoulders.

"Speaking of cute," Emily whispered as she tried to get a kiss from Clara. The brunette woman threw her a smirk as she walked around Emily. "Hello, Emily, my love. I'm so thrilled by your presence. I enjoy your company so much."

"You know I adore you," Clara said and laughed softly. The raven-haired woman rolled her eyes as turned back towards Monica. The two women shrugged their shoulders before turning their attention back to Clara.

Emily felt a pair of eyes on her and noticed an older man staring at her. The raven-haired woman furrowed her eyebrows a she turned away from him. There was something strange about him. It felt almost familiar.

"Emily Prentiss?" his deep voice said.

The raven-haired woman turned at the sound of her name. That tone of voice and that slight whistle that came out between his teeth with the pronunciation of the 'S' immediately sent a chill down Emily's back. When she realized who it was, she instantly felt her heart drop to her feet.

The older man stood up and opened his arms, urging Emily to come to him. He seemed shorter than Emily remembered. His crooked teeth and side smile was all too familiar to Emily. His salt and pepper hair seemed thinner than before. However, he still wore the same attire Emily remembered him in, suits.

Emily gulped as she made her way over to him carefully. She was scared that he might disappear through thin air. Judging from his encouraging smile and open arms, Emily was expecting him to bring her into a tight hug. However, instead of greeting her in a hug, he patted her back before stuffing his hands into his pockets.