I

Smoke filled your mouth and lungs as you lit another cigarette. How many have you had tonight? A pack? Maybe even two? It didn't matter, really, since it was Thursday, the "happiest" day of the week. All sins done to your body tonight can be forgiven.

The university you went to only had four school days, starting on Monday and ending on Thursday. Moreover, a handful of bars were only a stone's throw away from campus. How those bars got a permit from the local government despite being in close proximity to an academic institution was beyond you.

These were the reasons behind the infamous Happy Thursday culture among the students in your university. All the parties and the drinking were so wild during this night that people who didn't even go to your school soon got word of mouth about how lit Thursdays were at William Avenue.

As a freshman, it was kind of like a rite of passage to experience Happy Thursday at least once in your college life. Being a sophomore and having stayed for five terms at the university, it was safe to say that the novelty of Happy Thursdays had worn off on you.

In fact, sometimes, when your usual drinking buddies asked you out for a drink, you turned them down, lying about how you were loaded with school work when in reality you just didn't feel like it. They say that repetition caused things to lose their value, and that was exactly how it felt for you.

But this particular Thursday night was something else.

You rarely prayed, but that night, you thanked God for letting yourself decide to go out with your friends because if you hadn't, you wouldn't have met him.

Minseok had mentioned a few days ago about how he invited some of his new friends from his Organic Chemistry class to drink with you guys, but it totally slipped your mind. You only remembered this when he entered the bar with three guys that you hadn't seen before in your life.

All of them were good-looking, but the tallest one, the one who was wearing a black hoodie, was especially striking.

Minseok waved at you and then motioned to the other guys to follow him. He and a bronze-skinned guy sat on your side of the table while the other two sat oppositely.

"Guys, this is my good friend. We've been friends since freshman year," Minseok introduced you. "She's my favorite drinking buddy."

You snorted. "Favorite?"

Minseok gave you a face and the other guys laughed at the two of you teasing each other.

He then introduced them: the tan guy was Jongin, and the guy that sat opposite him was Sehun. They were both majoring in dance.

Minseok was about to introduce the guy in the black hoodie when the guy suddenly said, "I'm Chanyeol," while he smiled and extended his hand to you. "It's nice to meet you."

You shook his hand and you noticed that the exchange was firmer than the usual handshake. "Likewise," you said, and all you could think about was how bright his smile was and how you felt something weird, something like faint electricity course through your fingertips the moment you touched his hand.

"I think I've seen you before," he pondered.

"Her?" Minseok asked, pointing at you. "Really? Where? She's not really the type to wander around though. She likes to keep to herself most of the time when she doesn't have classes. She's a little weird."

You scowled at him. "Shut up, Min."

Chanyeol laughed. "Nah, I think I've had a class with her before." He looked at you and asked, "Did you have Mr. Lee for Literature last term?"

A light bulb suddenly turned on inside your head. That was why Chanyeol stood out so much as soon as you saw him—not only was he somewhat good-looking, but it was also because he looked familiar.