IV

Baekhyun wouldn't shut up about it for a solid week.

When he found out something even mildly interesting about you, it was all he talked about for a long time because he was... well, he was Baekhyun. He was probably the most talkative person on the planet.

The last time something like this happened was when he found out that you slept with the editor-in-chief of the school paper, where he was a contributor. That lasted for about a month before he finally got tired of teasing you.

"Why the fuck didn't you tell me you were friends with my brother?" You angrily asked Chanyeol.

You were having lunch with him and Minseok today, like you did whenever the three of you had the chance. Today was especially lucky since it was finals week and everyone was insanely busy.

"I didn't know he was your brother," Chanyeol replied indifferently.

You scoffed. "Bullshit. Our last names are both Byun and we look alike and you still didn't have the faintest idea that we could be related?"

He put down his chopsticks. "Okay. First of all, there are a shit ton of people in this country whose last name is Byun. Second, you look nothing alike."

Now that you thought about it, you and Baekhyun didn't indeed share as many physical similarities as you thought you did.

"Whatever," you said, defeated.

Chanyeol gave off a cocky smile as if to prove that he had won the argument before picking up his chopsticks and started eating again.

Minseok finally looked up from his meal. "Why? What happened?" He asked with a mouthful.

You mindlessly picked on your plate. "Baekhyun saw me going out of Chanyeol's place."

Minseok choked.

He literally did.

At first, you and Chanyeol thought that he was just joking for dramatic effect, but when tears started pooling Minseok's eyes, Chanyeol rushed to offer him some water.

Minseok coughed a few hundred times and when he finally regained his composure, he asked, "By 'going out of Chanyeol's place', you mean..." He stopped, his eyes drifting back and forth between you and Chanyeol.

Chanyeol simply nodded, smirking as he ate.

"You guys are still doing that?" Minseok asked. "I thought it was just that one time when I called and you two were..."

You felt uncomfortable, and judging by how Minseok backed off from the topic, he knew it too.

You didn't like talking about the guys you've been with, and it wasn't because you were ashamed of yourself; no, you didn't give a single fuck as to what people thought of you. Talking about them made you feel uncomfortable, even with your friends, because you weren't a huge fan of being a kiss-and-tell type of person. You strongly believed that what happened in bed should definitely stay in bed, especially right now when the three of you were talking in a public place, meaning someone could possibly overhear it.

Minseok looked at you with an apologetic gaze. "I just think it's dangerous, that's all. But hey, it's your life." He then directed his attention back to his food.

You thought it was stupid too, but not as dangerous as Minseok had put it. You and Chanyeol were friends, and what the two of you were doing was just harmless fun, wasn't it?

"Why do you even care if Baekhyun knows?" Chanyeol asked. "He sleeps around too. He's screwing my neighbor, for fuck's sake."

"Baekhyun teases her a lot," Minseok answered for you. "Is it like when Junmyeon from the school paper happened?" He asked.

"Worse," you responded with a tired voice. "It's because Chanyeol and him are friends."

As if right on cue, a familiar, obnoxious voice spoke from behind you.

"Chanyeol! Minseok!" The voice shouted.

You sighed as you pushed your plate away, your appetite—what was left of it, anyway—completely gone.

"Hi, sis," Baekhyun said as he sat beside you.

"Can you please kindly enlighten me as to why you're ruining my lunch?" You asked while rubbing your temples with your hands. Your head was about to overload with annoyance.

"Chanyeol texted me."

You crumpled your table napkin with your fist and threw it at Chanyeol, along with a couple of profanities.

Chanyeol found this extremely funny, which only added fuel to your blazing frustration.

"What's up, Baek?" Minseok asked him.

"I was wondering..." Baekhyun began.

"I really hope you stop wondering," you whispered, but you said it loud enough so that your brother could hear it.

Baekhyun ignored you and continued, "After finals week, we have about a month for holiday break and I thought it would be nice to gather the group and have a staycation at our beach house."

"You have a beach house?" Chanyeol asked in awe and Baekhyun nodded as if he expected everyone to know that your family had a rest house.

You and Baekhyun didn't show it off, so it wasn't obvious that the two of you came from a pretty well-off background. Your parents have various businesses all over the country and have wanted you and Baekhyun to major in business, but both of you didn't want to. You were passionate about writing as Baekhyun was with music, and the two of you didn't want to walk the same path as your folks just for the sake of doing it. Baekhyun was like you: he knew what he wanted and because of that, he didn't let other people make decisions for him. It was one of the few things you liked about your brother.

"Wow, I didn't know you were rich," Chanyeol said.

"That's how the rich stay rich," you retaliated.

Chanyeol was about to reply, probably with some witty comeback, but Minseok suddenly asked, "Who's coming? The usual?"

By the usual, Minseok meant him, Baekhyun, Jongdae, Yixing, and you. Jongdae and Yixing were Baekhyun's high school friends that you had also grown close with, given that they were always hanging around at home. Eventually, them and Minseok became friends too after you introduced them to each other.

"Chanyeol, do you want to come with?" Baekhyun asked him.

"Yeah, sure," Chanyeol shrugged. "I don't have anything to do during the holiday break anyway."

"Can I bring a couple of friends?" Minseok asked. "She and Chanyeol know them too." You guessed he was pertaining to Jongin and Sehun.

"Sure," Baekhyun replied and then turned to you. "Sis, can I invite Junmyeon too?" He joked.

"How about you go fuck yourself?"

The table erupted in laughter, and you couldn't help but join in too.