V

Everyone was tired from the long drive, so when you brought out the booze, the living room of the villa was filled with cheers.

The beach house that your family owned was about four hours away from the city, and you were glad that you decided to ride in Chanyeol's car as you heard Yixing complaining about Baekhyun and Jongdae's nonstop whining and talking for the duration of the drive.

Sehun and Chanyeol sat quietly on the couch, probably dead tired as they were the ones who brought cars and drove for the group like Yixing did.

Minseok was helping you distribute the beer to the guys when he suddenly asked, "Is Ji-eun coming?"

"No," you said. "I asked her, but she declined. I'm relieved, actually. I didn't want Baekhyun hitting on her."

"Oh."

You gave Minseok a small smile. "Hey, don't worry. It's all good. She's not mad at you anymore. We're all friends, right?"

Minseok simply nodded as he continued to hand bottles of beer to the rest of the guys.

Ji-eun was a mutual friend of yours and Minseok's. You still talked to her a lot, but you didn't see her as much as before because she transferred universities due to a scholarship offer. More than that, she was also Minseok's ex-girlfriend, and things between the three of you started going south when they broke up. You didn't know the reason why they split, and you didn't ask because you didn't like prying into other people's personal matters unless they confided in you first. All you knew was that Minseok did something bad and that Ji-eun had forgiven him when he apologized, and that was about it.

As expected, Jongin and Sehun were the first to get tipsy. They were still a little awkward around you since you only hung out with them once before, but the alcohol soon did its magic and in no time, the awkwardness in the group disappeared as the night got deeper.

Jongin finished another beer and set the empty bottle on the glass coffee table. "Is it okay with you to hang around with guys like this?" He asked you. "I mean, don't you feel a little uneasy since you're the only girl here?"

Jongin's question would have rubbed other people the wrong way, but you weren't offended. You were an expert in reading people so you understood that his question was more than innocent.

"I'm a little picky with my friends but when I do have friends, I like having honest people with me," you said. "It doesn't matter if they're a guy or a girl, as long as they're real to me and they're good people. It's just a coincidence that most of my friends are guys."

"Damn, you're cool," Jongin said.

"She is, isn't she?" Baekhyun butted in. "I don't even feel like I have a sister sometimes. She's more like a brother."

Baekhyun put his right arm around your shoulder and ruffled your hair with the other. You reprimanded him for being touchy and gross, but in reality, your heart warmed at what he said; it was probably the first time Baekhyun had said anything like that. You thought that he just enjoyed making fun of you as you were younger than him, but you had no idea that he was that fond of you. You made a mental note to get him something nice for his birthday.

Soon, almost everyone was woozy. Even the heavy drinkers—Chanyeol, Jongdae, Minseok, and you—spoke in slurred tones, so naturally, the conversation drifted to something heftier.

Chanyeol mentioned how Baekhyun was fooling around with his neighbor and all of you laughed at the bickering between the two beagles.

You were glad that neither Baekhyun nor Minseok mentioned the minor detail that you caught Baekhyun sneaking out of that condo unit because you had slept with Chanyeol. It was nice of them to keep quiet about it, and it surprised you that Baekhyun did. Maybe he did know more about how you felt than what you had originally thought of him.