VI

You were in the middle of getting dolled up when someone suddenly knocked on your hotel room door.

Soo-hyun, your makeup artist, stopped blending in your eyeshadow and asked, "Were you expecting room service, Miss Byun?"

"No, I'm not," you responded. "Maybe it's my parents or my brother."

She set down the brush she was holding onto the table, went toward the door, and checked who it was through the peephole. "I think it's your boyfriend."

"He's not my boyfriend," you sighed. "Let him in. I'll see what he wants."

Soo-hyun opened the door and a different-looking Chanyeol stepped into the room.

You already knew that Chanyeol was kind of attractive, but you had no idea that he could look even better. He was wearing a classic black and white tuxedo. It complemented his broad and long frame, as if he was born to wear formal attire. His hair, which usually settled on his forehead, was combed up, further accentuating his handsome face.

You always saw him in jeans and sweatshirts, but this is the first time you've seen him look so formal and... handsome. There, you said it. He looked breathtaking.

"I look hot, don't I?" He asked with a stupid smirk on his face. Maybe it was a little obvious from your expression that you thought he was stunning.

"You're always so humble." You rolled your eyes at him. "Why are you here? What do you want?"

"Oh, right. I needed to give you-" he began to say, but his sentence was cut off when the telephone on the bedside table suddenly rang.

You stood up from where you were sitting to answer the call.

"Hello?" You said into the receiver. "Okay. I'm just finishing up. Okay. Bye."

It was your dad. He told you that the ball would be starting soon, so you needed to hurry up and get ready.

It was two days before Christmas, and for as long as you can remember, it has been your parents' tradition to hold a ball for their company. A lot of people came to these affairs, mostly your parents' business partners and their families.

You and Baekhyun hated it. Obviously, the two of you were going to inherit your parents' businesses, so you were expected to mingle with the people that your parents did business with. You disliked forced interaction but you disliked faking your enthusiasm with it even more. The only thing you liked about it was that it was the only time of the year when you could see your other relatives.

For the past three years, you attended these balls with your ex-boyfriend. Of course, you didn't have a boyfriend now, so you asked Minseok if he wanted to go with you but unfortunately, he went out of the country with his family for the holidays.

You told Baekhyun that you didn't want to suddenly show up without a date at the ball when you already went with one for three consecutive years. It didn't matter to you, since Baekhyun always showed up alone in these things, but you didn't want people asking what happened between you and your ex-boyfriend.

So, in true Baekhyun fashion, he suggested that you asked Chanyeol.

You immediately said no because you thought it would be weird to suddenly ask so much of him when you didn't even know him that long. Baekhyun then said that he had already told Chanyeol about it and that Chanyeol agreed because apparently, he wasn't kidding when he said that he didn't have anything to do during the holiday break.

That was how Chanyeol ended up in your hotel room.

You sat back in front of the vanity table and called on Soo-hyun to continue doing your makeup.