002 | jihye's addiction

J I H Y E
The car stopped outside a mansion, also called my home. I walked out and when I had closed the door, my private driver went ahead to park his car. I went inside and was immediately greeted by our house maids, I greeted them back and told them I would be studying in my room so they wouldn't bother me.

I quickly speeded up my walk until I was inside my room. I closed and locked the door, threw my bag down on the floor and then walked over to my closet. I took out a plastic bag I have hidden in the back of my clothes, covered by all of my jackets and started to change into the clothes I have in the plastic bag.

The clothes are from a cheaper clothing store than I would normally buy from. Even though I like to walk around in my expensive clothes, it's nice to walk around in "normal" clothes as well. But 9 out of 10 times, I wear my cheaper clothes when I'm stealing.

You heard me right, I'm stealing.

I'm tired of being miss perfect all the time. I'm tired of always being so perfect all the time. My life is not a bed of roses because I am a person too. I get consequences from my actions and learn from my mistakes just like any other person. But it feels like no one gets that. Because I'm always going to be miss perfect in everyone's eyes.

That's why I started to steal, to escape from being so perfect all the time. It started as a one time thing, but after realizing how easy it was to steal, it started to grow as an addicting. Some people are addicted to drugs, smoking or alcohol, but I am addicted to stealing.

After my clothes were on, I walked out through the window to my balcony. From there, I started to climb down. Since I have done this a couple of times before, it's not that hard, plus it doesn't take that long either. When my feets touched the ground, I looked around me carefully before I started to run towards my secret way out.

Now, all I need to do is find out where my destination should be. I always try to steal at different stores since I don't want them to be suspicious of me and then catch me stealing. After walking for a couple of minutes, I arrived at the main street of stores. This is a very long road packed with a bunch of different stores.

My eyes landed on a jewelry and make-up store, and decided to choose that as my victim. I walked in and noticed there's quite a lot of people inside, which is both an advantage and disadvantage for me. I walked over to the lipstick session while I looked around me carefully for people nearby but also cameras in the ceiling.

Without any hesitation, I grabbed one of the lipsticks and put it inside my hoodie sleeve. I then naturally walked over to one of the bracelets sessions, and continued to look around for people and cameras. The store does have a few cameras here and there, but they're placed in weird directions.

I took one bracelet and put it on my wrist while I hid it with my sleeve, I then grabbed another one that I'm going to use as a cover-up. There was a girl in front of me, walking towards the exit. I quickly placed the bracelet on her bag and when the sound of the alarms started to make noises, I speeded up my steps and left the store.

The weight inside my chest disappeared and breathed out loudly as I continued to walk. It always feels like my soul is somewhere else while my body is stealing. After realizing what I just have done, it's then I started to feel the adrenaline and nervousness. I sat down on a bench nearby, looking at the two things I just stole.

Even though I want to stop, I can't. It's an addiction you can't solve in one night. But even if my addiction does more harm than good, I need this. I have tried to find other ways to relieve my stress, but nothing works for me like stealing does. 

My phone suddenly started to vibrate and Sena's name was displayed on the screen. WIthout any doubt, I answered since I know why she's calling me.

"Sena! Did everything go well?" I asked as I answered the call.

"It went okay I guess.. Are you at home?" Sena asked back.

"Um.. Not right now, I'm taking a walk but I'm not that far away" I said.

"Can I come over?" Sena replied.

"Of course you can. You don't even need to ask, you can just show up outside" I said with a chuckle.

"That's why I'm already on my way to your house right now" Sena responded while she chuckled too.

"I will see you at my house then" I said while I immediately stood up and started to walk towards my house.

Me and Sena hung up and I started to speed up my steps just to make sure I'm arriving at my house earlier than Sena. I don't want to make Sena wait for me but also because I need to change clothes again and hide these chootes, pluts the two things I have stolen.

I almost started to run as soon as I saw my house from a distance. I made sure no one was looking while I started to climb up to my balcony and then went inside my room again. I threw in my school uniform in my closet, I then hided the lipstick and bracelet in one of my drawers, and then changed into new clothes really quick.

"Wait a second!" I said while I put on my pants after hearing Sena knocking on the door.

After my pants were on, I unlocked the door and Sena walked in, looking at me like a question mark.

"Did you run a marathon or what? You look exhausted" Sena said with a chuckle.

"I almost did to be honest" I replied while I threw myself on my bed.