018 | jake's house

J I H Y E
I can't understand why Jake was so amazed when he walked into my mansion when his own is 10 times more fancier. It wouldn't surprise me if either of his parents were interested in home decor, because wow..

But one thing I can't understand is how I never really noticed this house before even though Jake and I live in the same area. We may live on two different sides of the area but still. I didn't even know Jake lived in the same area as me until he caught me smoking.

I still remember that day..

"What are you thinking about?" Jake suddenly asked as we walked towards his room.

"Do you remember that day when you caught me smoking?" I asked back.

"Of course I do, it's hard to forget to be honest. I actually thought I was hallucinating when I saw you" Jake answered while letting out a soft laugh.

Jake then held up the door for me. I walked in, naturally realizing it was his bedroom. The room itself looks better than what I imagined. I thought it was going to be a regular boys bedroom with empty walls and basic furniture, but it actually looks quite cozy to be honest.

I noticed two peg boards with pictures hanging above the desk. I walked closer to the desk to look at the pictures. It was pictures from vacation, random photographs, his friends, family and soccer team. Heeseung specific are seen in most of the pictures on the two peg boards.

"For how long have you and Heeseung been friends?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Childhood friends. My father and Heeseung's father are friends which meant the two of us naturally became friends. I was actually scared of approaching Heeseung at first when we were younger. I thought he was much cooler than me and he probably doesn't want to be friends with me" Jake answered, smiling through his answer.

I smiled back at him. My eyes went from the pictures to bean bags that were placed in the corner of his room. WIthout heastionon, I walked over to them and took a seat. Jake followed me and sat down beside me. Our bean bags were bumped into each other which our arms were soon as well, they were only inches away from each other.

"Speaking of the time you caught me smoking, can I ask you another question? How did you know my name? I remember I was pretty shocked when you asked me if I was Hwang Jihye when we bumped into each other at the school's library" I asked.

Jake looked puzzled for a few seconds until he spoke.

"Why wouldn't I know your name? Your name is pretty known in our school if you perhaps have missed that. Plus I had seen you in school multiple times before we bumped into each other" Jake said.

"My name might be known in our school but my face isn't. Since I don't really have a high popularity status among with a large friend group is my name more famous than my face" I replied.

"Did you know who I was when we bumped into each other?" Jake asked back out of curiosity.

"Of course I did, because you are a student with a high popularity status, lage friend group, good ranks, plus a member of the school's soccer team" I answered while softly laughing.

Jake chuckled after listening to my answer. He smile slowly disappeared, it looks like he is thinking of something..

"You Jihye.. There's something I would like to ask you.." Jake suddenly said, changing the mood immediately.

Here we go again..

Jake slowly opened his mouth, pronouncing the first letter of the first word until a knock distracted us. I looked at Jake from the corner of my eye, seeing him letting out a sign. I can tell he is annoying.

How am I supposed to interpret his reaction?

A woman opened the door to Jake's bedroom. I understand quickly it was Jake's mother based on their facial similarities. It's obviously where Jake got his beauty from.

"You must be Jihye" Jake's mother said with a smile as she walked into the bedroom.

"It's lovely to meet you Mrs Sim" I replied while I stood up.

I bowed while the two of us shaked hands. I kept standing up afterwards, feeling a little bit stared out by Mrs Sim. She still had her smile on her lips, but it still felt weird because of the way she's staring at me.

"Why are you acting so sad my son? I didn't interrupt anything, did I?" Mrs Sim asked both me and Jake.

"No you didn't" I answered.

"Yes you did" Jake answered at the same time.

Both me and Mrs Sim looked down at Jake confused and puzzled. He was sitting down at the bean bag with his arms crossed, looking at the other side.

"I'm sorry, I will leave you two alone then. Jihye, are you standing over for dinner?" Mrs Sim responded.

"If I'm allowed to of course" I said.

"Of course you are darling" Mrs Sim replied.

She smiled at both me and Jake before she started to walk out from the door. When Mrs Sim had left the room and closed the door behind her, I sat down beside Jake, still feeling confused and puzzled.

Jake looked back at me. He moved his body a few inches closer, making the skin of our arms touch each other. Now I'm feeling even more confused and puzzled.

"Jihye.." Jake said, gaining tension between us.

"As I said before, is there something I would like to ask you.." Jake continued.

The tension between us raised while my heart can't control their beats anymore. My heart is really on its way to explode any second.

"Would you like to go out with me on Saturday?" Jake asked.