E P I L O G U E

J I H Y E
My mother has never been more happy but emotional at the same time, same with my father. Both of them are staring at me with sparks in their eyes while I'm looking at my reflection in the mirror, wearing a gorgeous violet prom dress.

The highlight of the school year has arrived, prom. There have been mixed feelings about prom going on these past months. Some have been excited and have had a hard time waiting because they are so excited, meanwhile some others have been stressed over the whole asking out part.

Going to prom with a date isn't a must since you can go without having a date but it's always a plus to have one. The asking outs started around three months ago and people haven't been shy to ask their crushes or partners out. It had barely gone a day without someone asking their crush or partner to go to prom with them.

At first I didn't get why couples asked to go to prom together. I mean, isn't it already obvious that they are going together since they are a couple? But that's the whole thing I guess, they are already a couple so their asking outs automatically becomes more special.

At least that's what I suspected after Jake asked me to go to prom with him and our reputation as "the school's couple" continued to grow.

I looked at my phone, seeing a message from Jake saying he's waiting for me outside. Me and my parents walked together outside where Jake was waiting for me. He was standing in front of his car, wearing a classic black suit with a violet bow to match my dress.

Jake's month opened and his eyes got wide when I stepped out from the front door. Jake took a few steps closer to me and held both of my hands while he stared into my eyes.

"You look.. So beautiful, wow" Jake said.

"You don't look that bad either" I replied with a smile.

We shared a kiss and then I looked back at my parents. My mother held my father's hand while she had her head on his shoulder. My mother is more emotional now than earlier since I can see her tears of joy. My parents took a few pictures of us before we started to head towards school and prom.

Jake held up my hand, treating me like a princess right now. He held up the car door for me and helped me get inside before he closed it and walked over to the driver's seat. When Jake sat down on the driver's set, he rested his back against the seat as he looked at me with a wide smile.

Jake took my hand and kissed it before he placed it back on my lap.

🌥️

Jake helped me out from his car and I linked my arm with his as we started to walk towards our P.E hall. There were a lot of people standing outside the entrance, taking pictures while they waited for their other friends to arrive. One of them was Sena and Heeseung.

After Jake and I officially started to go out, Sena and Heeseung naturally started to talk, become friends and soon they found interest in each other. So we are basically a friend group consisting of couples.

Sena ran towards me even though she almost fell on her way due to her high heels. We hugged each other and then decided to walk inside the four of us. The music was blasting loud and it was already corded inside. I could barely recognize our P.E hall because of all the decorations.

We walked around to greet a few people, looking at the decorations as well as getting something to drink. Beside the snacks and drink table was another table with a box and a sign above saying "vote for the prom king and prom queen"

"It's obviously going to be us" Jake said with a smile while he wrapped his arm around my shoulder to pull me closer.

"You are going to jinx it if you say it like that" I replied with a chuckle.