024 | that's it

J A K E
If there was an award for the most heartless person, I would definitely win that award in every single category.

I know I made a mistake by keeping my secret from Jihye for too long and I know I should have told much earlier. But the thing is, I didn't want to tell her because I knew it was going to be a risk, a risk of me losing her. On the other hand, I still decided to tell Jihye that she found out about it herself.

I wanted Jihye to hear it from me even though it broke my heart into pieces when I told her my secret, and seeing her reaction didn't make me feel much better either. Jihye has all the rights to act the way she did, I would do the same if I was her.

Even though I know Jihye has zero interest in talking with me right now, I still have a tiny bit of hope inside of me, praying she doesn't ignore me today. I won't blame her if she doesn't want to talk with me ever again, but I'm not ready to leave Jihye.

She means too much to me.

I let out a sign while I opened my locker. I started to push my bag inside my lcoker and was on my way to grab the books I needed, but then someone grabbed my shoulder and pushed me against the locker right next to mine.

It was Jihye.

My heart immediately melted the same second my eyes fell on her. I was on my way to let out a smile until Jihye opened up her mouth.

"What's wrong with you?" Jihye yelled at me.

"What have happened?" I asked back, not really understanding what is going on right now.

"You happened! You just had to tell everyone?!" Jihye responded, still yelling.

"I have no idea what you are talking about Jihye" I said.

"Stop pretending like you don't know anything when you are the only one who knows about my addiction" Jihye replied.

"Wait what? I haven't told anyone about your addiction, why would I even do that? I'm not that kind of person and I thought you knew that about me?" I responded, feeling offended by the fact JIhye think I would do something like that.

"I honestly don't know if I know at all anymore" Jihye said.

Without further ado, she walked away from her. It feels like a dejavu from yesterday, but it hurts more today than what it did yesterday. I started to call out her name but Jihye didn't listen to me, she kept walking like it was nothing. This might be the last conversation me and JIhye will ever have.

I turned around my body to smash my head against the locker. It did hurt but I dont have the energy to care about it. Why should I care about my head hurting when my heart was just smashed twice by someone I love within 24 hours.

"Hey Jake, what's wrong?" Heeseung suddenly appeared and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"I have fucked up Heeseung" I said.

"Jihye hates me and won't ever talk to me again" I added.

I looked up at Heeseung who was shocked, confused and puzzled at the same time. Instead of saying something, he pulled me into a hug for a few seconds until he decided to speak.

"I don't want to push you to say what happened, tell me when you can" Heeseung said with a smile.

I forced myself to smile while I hugged Heeseung again. After our hug, Heeseng threw his arm around my shoulder while I grabbed the books from my locker. The two of us started to walk together and just when I was about to go inside my classroom, Seojun called my name.

"Jake! I didn't know your girlfriend was a little kleptomaniac, a thief" Seojun said while laughing at himself.

"Shut up Seojun. Leave her alone" I replied, feeling my anger rise.

"Calm down, it's not like I'm saying it to her right now" Seojun replied.

"And that means you can talk shit about her behind her back? It's not like that's better" I said, taking a few closer to Seojun.

"Seriously? How can you take Jihye's side? She's a thief Jake and an embarrassment to our school. Our school is a well known rich school for kids born with silver spoons in their mouth, and then we have your girlfriend who acts poor by stealing like a maniac" Seojun.

That's it.

Without hesitation, I threw my first at his cheek, making Seojun lose his balance and fall down on the floor. People around us immediately started to stay away from us, except for Heeseung who tried to stop us. But either Seojun or I wanted to listen to Heeseung's opinion.

Seojun stood up from the floor and started to throw his first back and forth, trying to hit me but I avoided it well. I was on my way to hit Seojun in the chin, when he fooled me and kicked me in my stomach, making me the one to fall down on the floor.

Seojun ran up to me and continued to kick me in the stomach. I grabbed his ankle and pulled it closer to me so Seojun fell down. We were about to hit each other again but a group of teachers arrived and managed to pull us apart.

They started to scold us in front of everyone, but neither Seojun or I seemed to care that much. We just stared at each other instead with anger and hate in our eyes. The teachers ordered everyone to go inside their respective classroom meanwhile me and Seojun were taken to the principal's office.