017 | pile of books

J I H Y E
Even though my math teacher is standing a few meters away, speaking in front of the class on how to a solve math equations, I can't keep my focus active. It's not like I have bad attention span, but because of that one thought that can't get out of my head.

And yes, that one thought that I can't get out of my head is Jake..

I could barely sleep last night as well because of all I could think about was him. How cute he looks whenever he smiles or laughs, the way he protects me, the sound of his voice, how my heart reacts when I see or think about him, how safe and comfortable I feel around him..

After all of these romantic books, series and movies I have read and watched, it took me this long to realize my true feelings? After all, this is my first crush, my first love. What I'm feeling right now is new for me, I have never experienced something like this before.

I really am in love with Jake Sim..

"Jihye?" Sena's voice interrupted my thoughts.

I looked around, realizing everyone was preparing to leave the classroom. I immediately got up from my seat while I gathered the stuff on my desk. I was on my way to leave the classroom with Sena when my math teacher, Mrs Ahn called my name.

"I actually need to go to the teacher's office and ask Mr Jung about something, I will text you when I'm done" Sena said to me.

I nodded and then the two of us walked separate ways. Me towards Mrs Ahn and Sena towards Mr Jung. I wonder what Mrs Ahn wants to talk about with me.

"How are you feeling Jihye? Everything's fine?" Mrs Ahn asked.

"Yes everything is fine. It's a little stressful with all the tests but other than that is everything fine" I answered.

"It's good to hear. The reason why I'm asking is because I noticed your absence during the lesson. Your body was here but your mind was somewhere else and it's not like you" Mrs Ahn replied.

"I'm sorry Mrs Ahn, it was not on purpose" I said while I bowed.

"You don't need to apologize, I just wanted to check if everything was fine with you. But if there's something wrong, don't feel scared to talk to someone, we are here for you" Mrs Ahn said with a smile on her lips.

"Thank you Mrs Ahn" I replied while I bowed again.

I was on my way to walk out of the classroom and Mrs Ahn called my name again.

"If it's not a burden, could you please leave these books at the library for me? I don't have the time to do it" Mrs Ahn asked as he placed a pile of books on her desk.

"Absolutely not, I will do it for you" I said.

Mrs Ahn thanked me while I grabbed the pile of books from her desk. I walked out from the classroom, realizing fast the hallway is going to be crowded since everyone's lesson is done. I tried my best to peek behind the pile of books, making sure I don't bump into anyone and then drop all the books on the floor.

The weight of the books in my hand suddenly got lighter. I looked beside me and saw Jake grabbing half of the book pile. I stopped walking for a moment, looking at Jake and the smile he had on his smile that could light up New York City after dark. I tried my best to stay as calm as possible while my heart is beating like a drum inside my chest.

"You look happy" Jake suddenly said while he kept his smile.

"I'm just happy to see you" I replied and gave him a smile back.

"You are?" Jake asked surprised, but in a good way.

"Yeah" I replied while I kept the smile on my face.

I started to walk again and Jake followed after me. We kept talking as we walked toward the library, almost bumping into people in our way as well because we didn't focus on the road so much. We placed each of our piles of books on the librarian's desk.

"Thank you for helping me even if you didn't need to" I said while I scratched my neck.

"Of course I'm going to help you out in a situation like this" Jake replied. 

"And Jihye.. Can I ask you something?" Jake suddenly said.

My heart immediately reacted at the same time my brain got activated again. What is he going to ask? What is Jake's going to ask me out on a date or maybe ask me to be his girlfriend?

Or worse, I maybe get friend-zoned by them and it will end up in a one-sided love.

"Would you like to come over to my house tomorrow?" Jake asked.

"Wait what?" I asked back confused since that was not the question I expected.

"After I went to your house the day before yesterday, my mother have been wanting to meet you. Just like you did with your mother, I told my mother about you because she asked me who I was studying with so.." Jake answered while scratching his neck.

"So I guess I will come over to your house tomorrow?" I replied while chuckling.

"If you want to of course" Jake said with a smile.

My lips formed a smile as I nodded to respond to what Jake said. Jake asking me to come over to his house was not was I expected, but it's better than getting friend-zoned.