6: Eavesdropping

A fusion cannon against your helm- A great motivator to go back in your cosy cell. Raf spent some time explaining what happened as he trailed Optimus and Megatron.

"Hmm." Megatron mumbled (a bit moody) as he locked the cell. Then double checked the lock. "We have been looking at methods to get you back." He started.

Optimus raised a ridge, without further reminder from him? Wow, these mechs were considerate. "And?" He asked. Wait, that sounded rude.

"We came back empty." Megatron said blankly, "But Soundwave is looking into it further- focusing more on interdimensional communication devices." He added as he saw Optimus' shoulders sag.

"That's a mouthful." Raf muttered.

"Thank you." He said as he moved to sit down against the wall.

"You'll be able to leave the cell soon, just..." Megatron started, "Let them warm up- it's not everyday that-"

"You meet a nice version of your nemesis?" Optimus suggested, one that just stabbed your teammate.

Megatron gave a small smile, "Yes." And he left- with Raf.

At least these mechs where trying to help him. He wondered what the Autobots where like. Since Megatron was nice, would he have torn out Bumblebee's voicebox? It would be nice to hear him speak again.

Just like last time, Optimus grew bored. He really wished he had his datapad with him, at least then he could read something. Perhaps he could ask if they had a datapad- or at least ask to go for a drive. Perhaps he could help on missions. That would be okay right, since these Decepticons help humans- helping them would be helping humans?

While he was thinking, he got out of the cell again. Perhaps he could try gaining their trust. Do some chores or something.

Optimus never really had to try for gaining someone's trust, it was more or less given. Well, not when he first met Megatronus- but he gained his trust. Then broke it... Accidently!

Optimus approached the main room and heard them talking. About him. So he decided this was a great time to eavesdrop- before gaining their trust of course. He was great at eavesdropping, all that time in the archives really helped- Just pretend to sort data while listening to conversations. Easy!

"He stabbed me!" He heard Breakdown argue.

"In defence." Megatron stated.

"He was going to hurt the humans!" Starscream shot back.

"You forget- in his dimension-" Soundwave started. Meanwhile Optimus was noting that everyone's optics where blue.

He needs to stop optic gazing.

"He has nice paint though." Knockout noted. Optimus almost thanked him for the complement.

"And that makes him good?" Starscream asked appealed.

"Yes?" Knockout asked.

"He seems good." Soundwave said. "Ah I mean, well- He hasn't tried to kill me." He argued, "Anyway I'll need contact information, com links, ect; to contact his dimension." He said.

"We can ask him later." Megatron said.

"When he breaks out of the cell?" Miko asked.

"Preferably while he's in the cell." Megatron said.

Then Jack spotted Optimus poking his helm around the edge of the wall. He elbowed Miko and nodded at him. She snorted.

Optimus gave then some pleading optics- just enough so they don't say anything but not seem pitiful.

Then Agent Fowler walked in.

"Prime!" He shouted and Optimus almost ran to him.

"Yes agent Fowler?" Megatron said.

Optimus cringed, this was so wrong, on many levels.

"Care to explain what Optimus was doing in the middle of a town-"

"We have it covered." Soundwave snapped.

"It's complicated." Starscream added.

"What's complicated about a murderous psychopath-" Fowler started again.

Jack and Miko glanced over at Optimus- watching his expression.

"Who apparently didn't return fire and fled-"

"Coward." Breakdown snorted. Optimus narrowed his optics.

"And-" Fowler continued.

"There's been a rupture in the space-time continuum- resulting in parallel dimensions crossing over-" Soundwave started explaining.

"Well- What?" Fowler asked, puzzled.

"Like I said, it's complicated." Soundwave said.

"Then explain." Fowler requested, "So I can understand." He added.

The next five minutes where very confusing for Fowler- and offending for Optimus. "So you're telling me you have the Autobot leader from another dimension, who is apparently good-"

"Yes." Megatron sighed.

"And is also a prime-"

"Yes." He sighed again. The stress Megatron was going through was greatly rewarding for Optimus to watch.

"-In your cell?" Fowler asked.

"Hopefully." Megatron sighed, again.

"Hopefully?"

"He's broken out three times already." Megatron explained.

"Doesn't sound like a goody-two-shoe thing of a prime to do." Fowler snorted. Optimus only understood half that sentence. "What do you plan on doing?" He asked.

"Send him back to his own dimension and fight the evil Decepticons." Soundwave said, "I'll go ask him for contact information." He said and started to walk towards Optimus. He quickly ducked away and backed off a bit into another room.

However, when Soundwave walked past- he was spotted. "Ek!" He jumped and tossed what he was holding at him, this time, a datapad. "Sorry!" He gulped as they watched it fall to the floor.

Soundwave definitely wanted to pick it up but it was way to close to Optimus for his comfort. So Optimus picked it up for him, he was a nice mech after all. "Ahhhhh, thanks?" He asked and Optimus started putting in com numbers into a clear document.

Then he handing it to him, "Contact information." He clarified under Soundwave's confused stare.

"Oh!" Soundwave paused. "You were eavesdropping." He said.

It was a statement, not a question. "You're not a surveillance officer in this dimension, are you?" Optimus asked.

"No? It that so in your dimension?" He asked.

"Yes." Optimus said, well that explains why security is so bad around here. "What is your occupation here?" Optimus asked, hoping he wasn't imposing.

"Medic." He said.

At that Optimus raised a ridge.

"What?" Soundwave asked, uneasy.

"Knockout is the Decepticon medic-"

Soundwave wheezed out a laugh, "Pfff! Unicron, no." He shook his helm in disbelief.

"I didn't say he was a competent one." Optimus added, sensing his amusement. That earned him a snort.

"So..." Soundwave started, "Um, back to your cell or..." He started, "How did you get out?" He asked.

Optimus gave him a 'I'm not telling look.'