15: "He looks old"

Ratchet froze the moment they walked through the bridge. "Friends?" He started shrilly, "You called these friends?!" Yes, he was appalled.

"Ohhh, you called us friends?" Knockout asked teasingly. "When did he pop up?" He asked and Soundwave scrambled to turn off the ground bridge.

Ratchet just took cover behind Optimus.

"Did you get the generator?" Breakdown asked.

"Do you not see that hunk of metal he's dragging?" Knockout snorted.

"Ohhhhhh." Breakdown let out, his intake shaping a perfect 'o'.

"We have the generator-" Soundwave started, talking through the com and casting some suspicious glances at Ratchet.

"He's from your dimension?" Dreadwing asked.

"Yes." Optimus nodded and put down the generator to help keep Ratchet standing.

"How did he get here?" Dreadwing asked.

Optimus looked down at Ratchet in question, "Later." He grumbled.

"Ohhhhhhh! Another 'bot!" Miko started and ran forth.

"Ep!" Fowler started in protest while Ratchet's helm snapped up in shock (that was his line). He looked at Optimus in question.

"Later." He murmured as Megatron stumbled through the ground bridge with Starscream scrambling in behind him.

Ratchet made a really weird sound- sounded like a frog and a dog growling in unison- and hid behind Optimus. Optimus was surveying Megatron's frame, looking for injures. Yup, he was battered.

"You..." Starscream started, "Owe me your energon ration for that." He wheezed out with a pant. He looked okay, not as injured as Megatron. But that gash on his wing looked nasty.

Knockout scrambled to look at his wing, "Ergh-"

"Oh shut up." Starscream hissed.

"I was going to offer to repaint it!" Knockout grumbled.

They spent a fair amont of time in the medbay, ignoring Ratchet- or not having noticed him- who was barely keeping himself standing and leaning heavily on Optimus.

"Eh?" Starscream asked as Knockout disinfected his wing.

Optimus grew uneasy, he really wished there was another berth for Ratchet to occupy. But alas, Soundwave was to skittish to treat him, and too busy with Megatron. So Optimus helped Ratchet over to the crates.

"I hate this." He grumbled and Optimus nodded in understanding as he took off the treads and tank barrels.

"How did you end up-"

Ratchet scowled, "Well, ergh." He started. "You went missing- it looked like you were twisted inside out before you were squeezed into a tiny hole."

"That is how it felt like." Optimus nodded.

"First I tried tracking you but you were gone- and when everyone else found out what happened, they started panicking." He said, "I could barely get any work done with all their chatter." He added in a grumble.

Optimus nodded in understanding. They're probably even more worried now.

"Days later (five days?), during night- don't give me that look, I could barely get any work done in the day- The bridge surged and I was sucked through, I think I passed out. I woke up on the Nemesis." Ratchet let out a little shiver as he noticed Dreadwing was watching.

"Then?"

"Well, they put two and two together, figured I came from the same place as 'the Decepticon Optimus Prime' and started questioning me." Ratchet started. "Their Optimus wants to access interdimensional travel for resources- And with how they invaded this Earth- I doubt they'll give a damn about anything that's in their way." Ratchet finished.

Optimus nodded, soaking it all up.

"I don't think the others were made aware of my presence." Ratchet added, "My alternative version was instructed by your alternative, not to tell anyone."

"Why do you think that is?"

"Well, your alternative doesn't seem to happy about a 'Decepticon Optimus'- took him on a bit of a ego trip." Ratchet said, "And apparently- surprise surprise- his 'subordinates' aren't very loyal. Wants to aviod mutiny or deserters." He shrugged. "So he doesn't want them to have insight on the matter."

"Wait a minute-" Starscream started as he peaked his helm out of the medbay, "Where did he come from?"

"Who?" They heard Megatron ask.

"Ratchet!" Starscream shrieked and Megatron stumbled out of the medbay with Soundwave following in protest.

"He is from my dimension." Optimus explained.

"How?"

Ratchet's shoulders sagged, did he really have to explain agian. Luckily, Dreadwing decided to parrot Megatron the information while Soundwave dragged him back in the medbay.

"He has a nice face." Ratchet muttered.

"Who?"

"Soundwave."

"Mmm." Optimus agreed, "And their optics are blue." He added as Breakdown wondered over with some cubes, he held them out for them to take.

Optimus took one, but Ratchet glared, so he took Ratchet's too. "It's Purple? Might be poisoned." Ratchet whispered and Breakdown wondered over to Knockout.

Optimus just started drinking and handed Ratchet the cube. He started scanning it before taking a sip. Halfway through his cube, he noticed the humans were staring, he stared back.

Jack whispered something to Miko which they didn't catch but it was quickly made apparent what he said.

"Scary?" Miko snorted, "No, he looks old."

"We'll see how you look in a few million years." Ratchet shot back.

Probably won't be anything to look at, Optimus thought.

-

-

Starscream was repaired and went with Breakdown and Knockout to take the humans home, Fowler left and Ratchet ended up recharging with his frame leaning into Optimus'. Soundwave and Megatron came out of the medbay, seeming to be finished and looking for them.

Megatron spotted them and he looked a little jealous before Soundwave elbowed him. "Sooo" Soundwave started lowly, eyeing Ratchet. "Is he dangerous?" He asked.

"He is a medic." Optimus pointed out.

"Mmm hmm." Soundwave mumbled disbelievingly.

Megatron glanced over at Soundwave. "You're going to treat him."

"I am?"

"Yes." Both Megatron and Optimus said in unison.

"But-" He cut himself off with a scowl. "Bring him over to the medbay." Soundwave grumbled and waddled off.

Optimus took one of Ratchet's arms and slung it around him. "Erm?" He started as he woke up, "Ep!" He shrieked as he spotted Megatron way to close for comfort. "What are you-"

"Taking you to the medbay." Optimus started as Megatron took a couple of steps back.

"Why?"

"You are injured and so Soundwave can fix-" Optimus started.

"I can fix myself." Ratchet pointed out.

"See! See!" Soundwave started, walking out of the medbay. "He can fix himself! I don't need to-" He cut himself off under Megatron's stare. He let out some grumbles and retreated.

Optimus ended up dragging Ratchet a bit- he didn't want to go near Soundwave (claiming that he wants to live). And once Soundwave was finally treating him (under Optimus' and Megatron supervision) he insisted Soundwave was doing most of it wrong.