23: How the turns have tabled

Optimus woke up to Ratchet checking his pulse. "Erm?"

"You slept in." He started as if that explained everything and went on to checking his dents.

"I am fine." Optimus started as Ratchet professionally poked the dent next to his audial.

"Hmpf!" Ratchet grumbled but backed away.

"Carry me!" A whine came from outside, "NoooOoooo!"

They both walked outside to find Knockout on the floor with Breakdown walking away. "Throwing a tantrum are you?" Ratchet started.

"Breakdown!" He shrieked and Breakdown caved, walking back in shame and picking up the sparkling. "My pedes are sore!"

"Did you have a running race?" Ratchet asked.

"It was Miko's idea." Breakdown said and they all walked to the main room. The humans were there, they must have had a sleep over. "Come on pipsqueak, you have school." Breakdown started and practically dropped Knockout.

"Argggghhh!" Miko said but got up and grabbed her bag.

"Jack-" Starscream strated.

"Yea yea." He grumbled and also wondered over.

Soundwave, Dreadwing and Megatron (who was somewhere) were the only nice Decepticons left.

Ratchet got back to work on the generator.

Soundwave rolled his optics, "Workaholic."

"Hypocrite." Ratchet shot back and Soundwave retreated to the monitor.

-

-

Five minutes later, Soundwave picked up a signal, "Oh goodie." He grumbled and looked over at Optimus and Dreadwing. "Want to go?" He asked.

"What is it?" Dreadwing asked while Optimus wondered why he was always paired with Dreadwing.

"Energon signal." Soundwave muttered, "In the Congo-"

Dreadwing got up and looked at Optimus, "Are you coming?" He asked.

"Yes." Optimus grumbled and glanced over at Ratchet, he was too busy to raise his helm.

"Here's a scanner." Soundwave said and rammed the thing into Dreadwing's servos. "Chop, chop!" He added and opened the Ground bridge. They walked through and found themselves in a rather dense forest. Or rainforest? Optimus always gets them mixed up.

"There's interference agian." Dreadwing noted, "Split, one signal north, the other Southeast." He added.

"It would be more efficient-" Optimus started.

"Rendezvous?" Dreadwing asked, on the same page.

"We can send one another with a ping with coordinates, or request one." Optimus said, Dreadwing nodded and they went there seperate ways.

Optimus was glad they did too, otherwise Dreadwing would be privy to him tripping over every root. Why does this forest have to be so dense? Surely Dreadwing was having some trouble navigating this aswell, he wasn't small after all.

Five minutes later, Optimus barely managed to travel half a mile. Dreadwing sent him a ping, informing him that his signal went dead and Optimus supplied him with his tracking information.

"Argh!" He heard, not too far off. Or it was far off, his audials were rather good.

He followed the grunt of annoyance and found Megatron. What was he doing here? Looking up at the trees, at a large bird.

Then Optimus noted the white splodge on his shoulder.

Optimus approached him a little quieter than intended, "What are you doing-" He started but paused when Megatron practically threw himself into a tree out of fright. "Apologies-" Optimus started and moved towards him to help him up.

"What are you doing here?" Megatron shot back, rather agitated as he helped himself up.

Optimus stopped, "Tracking an energon signature." He started, "Yours it seems-"

"How did you get here?" He asked, bombarding him with questions was he? What was he so upset about?

"Via Ground bridge."

"Ground bridge?"

"Well I certainly didn't drive here." Optimus started rather sourly.

"Not here-here, I mean-"

Then Dreadwing stumbled into the scene. "Eh?" He started.

"We were tracking his signature-" Optimus started.

"Why are your optics red?" Dreadwing asked.

This time it was Optimus' turn to throw himself into a tree. "What are you doing here?" Optimus half shouted.

"I asked you first." Megatron- evil Megatron said and Optimus retreated to Dreadwing's side, he looked confused.

"Ground bridge." Optimus said briefly. "You-"

"Got here six days ago- how?" He shot back.

"Ground bridge malfunction, how did you-" Optimus said, rather impatient.

"No idea." He shrugged and all was quiet. He was definitely leaving out information.

"I got here a week ago." Dreadwing started, thereby gaining Megatron's attention.

"How?"

"I flew." He said rather proudly, "What is your- er- status?"

"He's from my dimension." Optimus started.

"Ah." Dreadwing nodded, "What do we do- Ratchet said he's full of shit-" He whispered.

"No, just covered in it." Optimus grumbled, glancing at the splodges.

"Excuse me-"

"The cells would be inadequate."

"Just try." Megatron sneered, half at him and half at the birds above. Then he angrily wiped the bird droppings off with foliage.

Optimus received a ping from Dreadwing, "I let Soundwave know, he suggested peaceful cooperation, get all of you back."

Optimus cleared his throat. "We have a common goal-"

"And what would that be?" Megatron shot back.

"Getting back to our dimension-"

"Well I know exactly what you mean with that." And the sarcasm was back. Yay.

"Soundwave is here." Optimus added.

"Is he a traitor too?" Megatron stared and glared at Dreadwing.

"No-" Dreadwing started as a ground bridge popped up.

Megatron seemed to be considering his options. Hopefully he would take a smart one. "After you." He started.

No way was he showing his back struts to him, "After you-" Optimus shot back.

"Why thank you." He mocked with a bow and walked through. They trotted through after them and found Soundwave looking rather uncomfortable.

Ratchet was busy, too busy to look up.

"Err... Hi?" Soundwave started and turned of the ground bridge. Megatron just raised a ridge. "Or not... Um."

"What do we do?" Dreadwing started.

"I don't know." Soundwave shrugged and Megatron took to surveying Optimus' frame, obviously noticing the dents.

"This was your idea-" Dreadwing started, "What do we do?" He repeated.

"He's staring again." Ratchet started angrily.

"Ratchet-"

"In that way!" He added and glared at Megatron, getting a proper look this time. "Oh frag-" He started and ducked behind the generator.