10

NOVA STORM

I sat down beside Olivia, saying hi to the few other girls with her.

As everyone around me is talking, the recent events are racing through my head. My dad had came back into my room later that night, explaining what my step mother was trying to say before. He pathetically made apologies to me for forcing this marriage to happen, saying it was needed as we were struggling financially. lies.

I knew he was lying as soon as it came out of his mouth. I knew that he was aware of Vincent's money, and he wanted it, badly. The only way he could think to get his hands on the money was if he was, in a way, related or fond of each other. The way for him to get that is through me.

I knew my dad was pathetic, but not this pathetic. I mean who uses their own daughter for something like this, all to be powerful and cruel. 

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when a hand is waved in front of my face, "you alright there Nova?" Olivia asked me

I smile at her, "I'm fine no worries, just lost in my thoughts I guess." Olivia nods at me and continues talking to the other girls about what sounds like tryouts. "Wait, you're talking about volleyball tryouts?" I ask, all the girls look at me and confirm they are.

Aria, one of the girls speaks up, "why? you thinking about trying out or something?" This has now caught everyone's attention. "Uh yeah I might, if I have time" I answer and smile at them.

Olivia squeal's and grabs onto my hands, "Oh my god if you make the team it would give us so much more time together!" I look at her questionably, " oh yes last year I was named captain for the season I have no clue why but yeah so I am already on the team."

"wait so no one else can be captain this season?" the question spills out of my mouth without thinking. "Wow I'm gonna guess you want to be captain" Olivia giggles.

"But to answer your question, I am only captain to start until I pick a new one. I select who is on the team and new captain and step down." I shy away a bit, a little embarrassed from my eagerness. "Don't worry though, if you're good I will most likely pick you as captain. I know you would do a good job." I smile and as I go to comment on what Olivia said, a hand lands on my shoulder.

My body tenses, as I smell the expensive perfume of my one and only enemy.

"That is if she even manages to make the team." Maya snickers, I roll my eyes and shove her hand off. "Look Maya just cause you're scared I'll beat you again, doesn't mean you got to be rude." I smirk up at her.

She scoffs and stomps off, "drama queen" I say under my breath. 

I can feel the eyes of everyone, on me, so I tell the girls I'm heading to the library and walk off.

I start heading to the library, but then I think of all the boring afternoon classes I have, so I get an idea. I look for the contact I need and press the call button. It starts to ring, just as I think they won't answer I hear the deep husky voice I love so much.

"Hello darling, everything okay?" A smile replaces my stoic expression, how could it not when this man is just so amazing. "Hey, are you perhaps busy at the moment?" I hear him chuckle from the other side of the call, " I happen to be free at the moment, and I'm guessing you would like me to come break you out of school?"

I pretend to think for a moment, " you know me too well, please please please come pick me up. I need you right now." I smirk, I'm such a tease. I love myself.

I hear him groan " fine I'll pick you up you fucking tease" I laugh and thank him "Can't wait to see you" I end the call, smirking. He is so gonna punish me when we get to his house, and I am gonna love it.