Life, then Living

Started: Thursday, May 5th, 2022, 12:21pm
_____________________

No, It wasn't.
__________

"Clara?" The fledgling called out to her. "Yes?" She said wondering what the younger wanted. "Why do you care for me, why not have your own life?" He asked her.

"It is my job to care for atleast one fledgling before I can leave and tend to myself." She said to him, understanding that what he asked was a genuine question.

"Why me then?" He asked her. "For you are special dear Theseus, and I am proud to be your guardian, for you will do great things under my guidance." She told the fledgling.

His eyes widened, as her eyes met his, one was a beautiful golden color, while the other was just as icy as his own, laced with the red as well, was that how she knew she was his guardian?

How did he know his eye color you may ask, well dear reader, he had been near water and had seen his reflection, and he happened to not be color blind

He had also seen his wings, the feathers were etched with red that fades into yellow and into a pure black, no reflection showing. Most of it was black, only the joints of the wings actually having the red/orange color. They were a small size, and you wouldn't notice them unless you saw Theseus without his jumper that he wore.

The wings were so beautiful, no one was known to have that coloring in their wings. It was as though they were fire, fading into ash.

"Clara?" Theseus called once more. "Yes dear?" She wondered what the fledgling wanted now. "Why don't I have a family, like your my family, but you know, other hybrids like me?" He asked whilst looking to another nest, seeing a family in the nest with the other child, there was also a smaller dragon in the nest with them, being green as the grass itself.

"Oh Theseus" She said " I only knew your mother, she passed before you hatched, I did not know your father, your mother's last wish was for you to be taken care of, so here I am." She answered the question he asked, but was it the answer he wanted?

No, it wasn't.
__________