༉‧₊˚. chapter 4

·˚ ༘ ✩‧₊˚ 𝓒𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝓕𝙾𝚄𝚁 ⋆˚ ༘ *real life, imessages

real life, imessages

·˚ ༘ ✩‧₊˚ 𝓒𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝓕𝙾𝚄𝚁 ⋆˚ ༘ *real life, imessages

ʀᴇᴀʟ ʟɪғᴇ

"my name is chris." he gives flora a small, assuring smile. flora smiles back, dropping her tense shoulders and releasing a small sigh of relief. "i'm flora."

after a pause, flora told chris about her break up. chris was patient when flora would take deep breathes; being able to pick up this was a sensitive topic by the way flora couldn't hold eye contact in certain parts.

by the end, flora's eyes are glossy and her voice had quieted, almost to a whisper. flora lets out a breathily laugh. "but i get it. we've been together since, like, forever. and our dads expect us to marry. so, you know, it was a lot of pressure for him."

flora nods, almost as if she's telling herself that instead of chris.

chris frowns, "what about you?" flora tilts her head slightly. "what about me?" she questions. "was it not pressuring for you?"

flora doesn't need to think about this. all her life it's been her and mike. sure, they didn't officially start dating until two years ago, but it was obvious to everyone they were going to end together. so flora quickly answers, "no."

chris notices how flora didn't even hesitate. if anything, she sounded defensive. he decides to drop it, and eats a big bite of his muffin instead. "i mean, i get it. if my model of a boyfriend broke up with me, i would probably just die." chris jokes. then he realizes what he said and shakes his head, mentally laughing at himself. "girlfriend. if my model of a girlfriend."

"it's ok if you want a model for a boyfriend." flora laughs. chris joins soon after, then takes another bite of his muffin. "i know. but i am straight." flora sends him a confirming nod and looks down at her own food.

flora still doesn't feel like she has the energy to eat yet. she looks ever at chris and notices he's almost done with his muffin. she looks back down at her untouched chocolate croissant.