EIGHT

HARRY

Harry looks on helplessly at the scene before his eyes, wanting nothing more than to burst into tears. But no, he can't do that. He doesn't deserve to do that, this is all his fault anyways.

Sure he may have been influenced, but he made the choice to leave, it was nobody's fault but his own. He broke Louis' heart, he broke him! And now he has to live with the consequences, but most of all, so does Louis. And that kills Harry inside.

...

Harry lays on his sofa, looking up at the ceiling as he wallows in his self pity. Nobody had the heart to continue the meeting after what happened, not even Simon. So they finished up early and Harry went back to his flat.

He has far too many memories in this flat, it's the flat he and Louis used to live in when they were together. Two bedrooms, small but cozy. The master bedroom is where they slept together every single night, it's where they had their first kiss, their first time. First everything really. Harry doesn't have the heart to sleep in there anymore. He sleeps in the other room.

There's a knock on the door and Harry stands up, cracking his back before going to answer it. When he does he's met with a stony faced Liam.

"Liam?" Harry says, looking at him confusedly.

"Harry". He replies, stepping into the flat uninvited.

Harry steps back, closing the door before following Liam into the living room. He watches as Liam eyes the pictures hung on Harry's walls. They're all old, Harry never had the heart to take them down.

Liam eyes one of Harry and Louis fondly, it's from-Louis' 19th birthday, when they were just Harry and Louis. They had gone bowling with the rest of the lads and they had the place to themselves. They were severely intoxicated and Harry had the great idea of bowling Louis down the alley instead of the bowling ball. Let's just say it didn't end very well.

"Why did you do it Harry?" Liam sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Do what?" Harry asks, confused.

Liam just looks at him sternly, shaking his head. "Break his heart Harry, what do you think?" He sits down on the plush sofa and puts his head in his hands. "I've never actually asked you before, always left it and assumed you had a reason for everything that happened. But I can't do that anymore Harry, I can't watch my best friend like this any longer, it's killing me. You might think it's not my business, but Louis needs someone right now, and i want an explanation".

Harry looks at the floor ashamedly and sits down beside Liam. "I don't know" he whispers.

Liam suddenly turns angry, facing Harry. "What the fuck do you mean, you don't know! You should know! You fucking broke him Harry!" His voice cracks at the end and he leans back. "You broke him".

Harry wipes the tears from his face and leans forward, his head in his hands. "It's the biggest mistake I ever made". He whispers quietly. "And there's not a day goes by that don't wish I could go back in time and change it. But it's done. And I have to live with that Liam!"

Liam shakes his head and looks at Harry sternly. "The thing is Harry is that he's not who he used to be. He's so....... broken. And I can't even look at him without wanting to burst into tears. It kills me to see him so vulnerable and hurt. I can't take it!" Liam sits back and sighs before looking at Harry again. "I thought he was alright, you know? Everyone did". He shakes his head. "I mean, he comes off a cold and stubborn now, but still okay. But you didn't see him the other night Harry, he's so messed up and depressed" Liam sighs, he just can't believe how much Louis has changed.