3

August 27th 2022
6:00pm
Laurel, Maryland📍

Pov Hakeem
"Yo, you really don't know Ni'chelle like dat. No one really knows her like dat except for her few exceptions. You have to get out there and stop shutting people out just because you'n know 'em. Now, clock out and get tf outta here."

My cousin really don't understand. Yes, I was born not trusting people but there was a time I did open up. I got hurt and I'm not letting that happen again. He only knows Ni'chelle from a distance at school. He said that she looks like a good friend but how would he know? He ain't even friends with her but I guess it's because she only talks to people she's comfortable with, like me.

But he's right, I gotta get ready. There's times if I don't have to practice, I'd be helping my cousin in the movie theaters. The manager allowed me to do this saying, "The more the merrier." I didn't think it was good to use it in that context but I let it go.

Ni'chelle Pov
I took the day off so I can spend the day with Angel and his friends. But first, I wanna get ready since I have 2 hours.

I got my nails done from my favorite boy. Today he gave me a free style. He knows my favorite color is lavender so he put lavender on some and put rhinestones on my ring fingers.

Ofc, I paid him but he gave me a discount because I'm one of his favorites and one of the first people to discover him when he ain't have platform he has now. Once I got in the car, I heard my phone ding.

Angel🤝🏾

yoo Ni, get ready but wear sumn comfortable bc you might get dirty where we're going:)

Ight, gimme like 30 min, I just got in the car.

Ight, send the addy too

I sent him my address and quickly got home. I got in the shower again. I put and oversized shirt I already got paint on years ago, some jeans I rarely wear and some black Air force 1s. Right on time, Angel told me he was here.

"Alright mama, i'm out"

"Text me when you there and make sure you got everything. Love you"

"I will, love you too"

When I was outside, he has the most beautiful car. I never really wanted this car but I admired it from afar.

"OMG hey Angel! Is this a black 2022 Dodge challenger SRT hellcat car!" He laughed

"I can tell you know your cars. Yeah, one of my friends was generous and gave me this for a good price. I can see if he can get it for you."

"Nah, I want a lambo but I don't know which model yet. Thanks for the consideration."

"No problem, but can we get in the car? We got places to be."

"Places?"

He ran to my side and opened my door. Once I got in, he closed the door and went to his side.

"Thanks but are you gon answer my question?"

He just smiled at me and turned the music on. Cocoa butter kisses by Chance the rapper fills the car and it's a comfortable silence. (If y'all ain't grow up with this...was you really happy😭)