6

October 30, 2022
8:23 pm
Laurel, Maryland📍
*1 hour prior to last chapter*

Simone POV
"GURLLLLLL HURRY UP. WE ALREADY LATE AND YOU KNOW NI'CHELLE HAS A CURFEW!"

"GURL STOP YELLLING AT ME SIMONE, ILL BE READY INNA MINUTE!"

Sometimes Azalea gets on my nerves. I know I be on CPT but dang at least I try to be on time.

Me and Azalea have been through thick and thin. This is the thin bc if I got to say sum one more time imma hit her in the head.

"I know what you thinking and I'm already ready. Let's go" Azalea said

I put my phone on aux and played "You don't know me" by Sunmer Walker

*

Once we got to Ni'chelle's friend house we sat there for a few.

"You think the plan gon work?" I said

"Ion know, if she don't answer the phone then we gon have to see. But let's admire this neighborhood. It's quiet and her friend got a nice house. What's their name again?" Azalea said

"It is pretty dope, I wish our neighbors was like dis. Also, her name is Leo around friends but Liyu around family."

"I fr wanna meet all of them. I know they don't wanna add no more to the friend group but they all sound like a solid friend group and we needa be around more gurls."

"For now, let's get in the house."

We got out of the car and rang the door bell. Leo's parents opens the door and we have a little conversation. Then, we joined her and her friends.

Ni'chelle's POV

I hear Leo's basement door open and footsteps but I was just so distracted in my thoughts.

"EARTH TO NI'CHELLE, are you okay?" Azalea said

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'll tell you later." I said

"Alright gurl" Simone said

They continued talking and I just spaced out.

5 minutes before

I heard the doorbell ring and my phone ring at the same time. I knew that Leo's mom would get it so I just answered the phone and put it on speaker.

"Hello" I heard a deep voice say

"Who's this" Aubree said because she knew that I was anxious

"It's Q..."

We all stared at each other

"How'd you get my number?" I said

"Someone in the friend group was willing to give it to me so I can apologize. I shouldn't have treated you like that. I'm just very protective over me and my friend group and Angel knew how I was when I didn't know people."

"Why do you treat people like that? I understand what you mean but you really don't know me like that. Which I felt was disrespectful." I said in my calmest voice

"Look, I just wanted to apologize but you don't need to know that much about me."

"You are the one that called me, at least I deserve an explanation."

"Why isn't an apology enough?"

And with that he hung up.

All I wanted to know was why he treated people like that. He could've simply said he wasn't comfortable talking about it.

I spaced out but Leo, Aubree and Aleena was trying to talk to me but I couldn't process anything

Present time

"NI'CHELLE"

I refocused and noticed that they were ready to go and Aleena was hugging me.

"Gurl, stop thinking about it. We'll talk about it later but he better get his act straight. Go an have fun" Aleena whispered to me

"I'll try..." I said

*

I told Simone and Azalea what Q did and they were so furious. I know that they were planning to yell at him but I didn't want to focus on any negativity.

When we got to the destination I saw this was a party but not any party.

This place was just created as a teen hangout. Any kid can come here just to spend time with friends or alone.

It's a three story building and every level is different.

The first floor was for a friend hangout and you can be as loud as you want.

The second level is for if you want to be alone. They have different rooms with different music genres and a library. This is where you can study or a quiet place.

The third floor is if you need a mental evaluation. If you jus want to talk to a therapist, social worker, or even other teens this is the level.

Since there was a party, the second and third floor teens either stayed home or went to the first floor while the party people were on the second and third.

"HEY Y'ALLLLLL" I scream

"NI'CHELLE" Angel and Demarion said

"Let's go party what are y'all doing?"

"We was all waiting for y'all of course" Demarion said and gave me a hug
*
It's been three hours and I'm so tired so I decided to go to one of the quietest rooms. After a while, I heard the door open and close.

"Hey, did you see Angel? He told me to come in here." 

I turn around to see Hakeem then the door locked and this is all I can hear from the outside.

"We not letting y'all out until you come to terms with each other"

"Then I will definitely cuss you out Hakeem because yk I don't tolerate disrespect. Especially to Ni'chelle because she was never in the wrong."

I decided to keep to myself because I wasn't going to talk to him. He disrespected me twice and never apologized.

 I am very patient but someone that doesn't care anyone's feelings but their own is not someone I want to be around.

"And I secretly took both of y'all phones so you need to make the best of it.

Hakeem's POV

Now I know that was rude but she's definitely not going to listen to me now.

I ruined both my chances and I heard she acts like me when she's mad which is nonchalant but she's also blunt.

"I'm so sorry for putting you through this and for me being the reason you are stuck in here with me. I've just always had trouble getting along with people aside from Demarion, Azalea, Simone, and Angel." I said 

It was silent for a second, like she was thinking of what to say. 

"So, just because you don't know me, you easily judge me Hakeem? Does that excuse always work for you? You know, I was really patient with you because I'm kinda like you but that just doesn't make sense." She coldly said 

I just sat there, I didn't know she was going to cut that deep. For some reason when she said my name in a mad tone it hurt. While I was zoned out, she somehow escaped the room.....

Heyyyyy y'all, is this going too slow fa y'all?

How do you feel about Angel? I think he is trying his best so far for his friends to get along

Do y'all want to know more about Azalea, Simone and Demarion?

OOOOOOOO while I was trying this, I was mad at Hakeem too. WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS?

I'll try to be more consistent with the chapters