7

December 17th 2022
5:30pm
Laurel, Maryland📍

Demarion's POV

It's been a while since the whole incident and honestly, Ni'chelle had not said one word about it so we don't either.

I was on my way home from football practice when I get a call from Azalea

"Wassup mamas" I said

"Hey, you just getting out of practice?"

"Yeah, I was about to call you when I got home. What's going on?"

"Nothing I just wanted to talk to you."

We talked for a little while. Let me tell y'all something but I know y'all can figure that I like Azalea.

Angel, Hakeem, Simone, & Ni'chelle already knows that and tried to give us alone time but we didn't think anything of it.

Then, Ni'chelle actually helped us make a move on each other because she was tired of both of us playing games. So, we danced and talked at the party about our relationship and what we should do.

I've been taking her on dates and getting to know her more romantically since I already knew every single thing about her platonically.

Now all of us was trying to get Angel and Simone together that night but Angel just refused and walked away. I still hang out with all of them but it's a bit complicated.

Simone and Angel are awkward between each other and would just talk if necessary or make jokes here and there. Ni'chelle would hang out with us when Q wasn't invited and when he was, she had something going on.

I was gon ask her but I wasn't sweating it. I tried to ask Azalea but yk women and their girl code. She said that I wouldn't understand. I will ask her eventually. I mean she's my friend too.

"Mamas get ready, after I go home an shower, Imma pick you up and get us some food before we go wit them."

"Alright, bye Mari."

"What I tell you bout dat?"

"See you later Mari" She giggled

"See you later."

*

Once I got her her favorite food from Red Crab, we went to go see the new Aquaman movie wit the rest of the group. Sadly Ni'chelle couldn't come because she was watching it wit her OG group later.

Honestly, I think she was the key to our group. Not only does she have a little of everyone's personality but she adds onto it.

Simone is the calm one but she's fight anyone who has sum to say about us. She's the quiet one out of all of us but every times she speaks it's always something intellectual.

Azalea is the blunt one, you might get your feelings hurt but you'd thank her for being honest. If someone needed to hear that they are doing something dumb or wrong, she'll definitely let them know.

Angel is emotional support, if you're going through something he would sit there and listen and try to find the best way to solve it. He's also out planner, making sure we spend time together at least once a week and doing something fun.

Hakeem is the father of the group, making sure everyone is in line and protecting us sometimes risking his own life.

I'm the goofy one, if you were going through something and needed to laugh I am always there. I can be very serious though but when I don't need to be, I'll always make jokes.

Surprisingly Ni'chelle was all that in one. She's our mother of the group. I don't know about the rest but she's like another sister I never had. I don't ever want her to ever leave our friend group but Idk why Hakeem had to complicate things.

While I was talking to them and getting Azalea, Simone and I some popcorn I get a text.

Big bro🤝🏾

Can we talk? I don't wanna talk to Angel bout dis.

Yeah, we can talk after the movies. Meet me in the park at 9:30

Bet

I wonder what it's about...

Hakeem's POV

After the movies, I went straight home. I wanted to get prepared to what I want to tell Demarion.

I usually always go to Angel about this but I feel as if he will cuss me out. Not that Demarion wouldn't but I feel like he'd lighten the mood just a tad bit.

I've been yelled at by Angel countless times in the pass few months and I've been yelled at by the girls too.

But what Azalea said stuck to me and kinda hurt my feelings but put me in my place. 

Once I got to the park, Demarion was already there looking mad confused.

"I bet you're confused huh?" I said

"Ofc, when you wan talk you just go to Angel. Dis better not be about Ni'chelle because I'm not going to be easy on you either. Don't think because you are talking to someone different it'll change. Face the consequences Hakeem."

I sat there for a second, trying to marinate what he just said without just snapping back. The group has never been so mad before.

I'm starting to be mad at myself too. What was I thinking?

"Before you start yelling at me, I want to talk to her. I know what I did was wrong and instead of fixing it, I lashed out. I never met someone that could easily understand the whole group and I thought it was suspicious instead of a blessing. I want to take her out and really apologize but she blocked me on everything."

He just looked at me and didn't say anything for a while

"When you start feeling dis way? Why didn't you get to know her when you had the chance? She's like a sister to me along wit Simone, Azalea and Angel. If you got to know her, you could tell that she's kinda like you too. *sighs* I'm not saying I'm going to help but wherever you wanna go, just give me the info and I'll pretend it's me goin."

"Thanks bro, you won't regret it."

"I betta not"

————————————————————
Ik I put a lot of detail in it but it's very important for the future chapters.

You think Hakeem is doing too much or not enough?

How y'all liking Demarion so far?

Ik it ain't dat urban but I wanted to go away from what we've been stereotyped to do...cant wait for chapter 8 :)