𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯.𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘢𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴.

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to another chapter! Enjoy!

edited on june 23rd, 2022 @ 9:07am

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

CHAPTER SIXTEEN - I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS

THE BALL WAS ONCE AGAIN passed towards Midorima as he jumped up to shoot and Kagami jumped to knock the ball out of his hands. "All right! Kagami blocked him again!" Furihata cheered.

"They've been replaying this scene since the first quarter!" Kawahara exclaimed as Seirin had 23 points while Shutoku had 16.

"We've been keeping our lead against Shutoku since the beginning!"

"You guys are amazing!"

"I wish I could celebrate, but it won't be that easy." Hyuga noted.

"What are they thinking? Why do I feel so uneasy?" Kiyoshi wondered.

"They've got to be planning something." Daigo thinks to himself, looking over towards Kagami who was out of breath. "Taiga won't be able to block Midorima for much longer."

"What's wrong? Exhausted so soon?" Midorima taunted, making Kagami glance his way. "In that case, I'm disappointed."

"Of course not. Bring it on!" Kagami challenged.

Izuki was dribbling the ball in his hands. "He's not looking well. Kagami's clearly more exhausted. Kuroko was able to help him last time, but... This time... No, it's this time, as well. He's making this really difficult. Shutoku's first-year point guard, Takao." He thought.

"It's still only the second quarter. What's wrong, Kuroko?" Takao asked.

"Kuroko's greatest weapons are his ever-changing passes that ultlize his misdirection. They've saved us countless times. But he sees the entire court. His hawk eye is stronger than my eagle eye. Last time we avoided it with a trick of misdirection." Izuki noted.

Kuroko didn't respond to Takao as he tried to run but Takao was quick on his heels. "You're not going anywhere. That won't work anymore." Takao claimed, making Kuroko get taken aback.

"Kuroko's misdirection can only be used for a limited amount of time. Not only that, but against an opponent he's played before, his effectiveness drops significantly."

Izuki tries to pass the ball towards Hyuga but Miyaji ended up blocking him. "Crap!" Izuki exclaimed. Midorima grabbed onto the ball and was about to make a shot.

"Kagami!"

"No, you don't!" Kagami shouted out, jumping up into the air. However, it ended up being a fake.

"A fake?!" Hyuga exclaimed.

Midorima went past Kagami as he jumped up once more. "I'm not finished yet!" Kagami claimed.

"A second super jump right after he landed?!" Takao thought as Midorima released the ball.

"Midorima was a second faster!"

"He finally missed!"

The ball was flying into the air. "Will it go in? No..." Hyuga thinks to himself as the basketball missed the hoop, shocking the Shutoku players.

"What?!"

"He missed?!"

"No. Was he quick enough to touch the ball?" Midorima wondered.