𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯.𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘶𝘱.

A/N: Hello, readers! First update of the new year! Sorry that it took so long (again!). Enjoy the chapter!

edited on february 12th, 2024 @ 6:17am

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN - GIVE UP

THE BUZZER WENT OFF, startling both Kagami and Midorima and causing the ball to miss the hoop and land on the court. Daigo quickly looked at the scoreboard, seeing that both Seirin and Shutoku were tied, shocking the audience.

"They're tied." Kise pointed out. "The game's going into overtime?"

"Normally, yes. But because this tournament is trying to keep games short, they have no overtime rules." Momoi replied.

"Which means..." Kise turned to look at her.

"It's a tie." Riko finished.

All of the Seirin members were panting, trying to catch their breath as Shutoku was doing the same.

"That last free throw... If I had just made it..." Kiyoshi trailed off.

"Kiyoshi!"

Kiyoshi turned and saw Hyuga, Izuki, Kagami, Daigo, and Kuroko running towards him to high five him, making him crash to the ground.

"You guys are brutal. Honestly, I didn't expect you to blame me that much." Kiyoshi said.

"Blame you?" Hyuga repeated.

"The hell are you blabbering about, Kiyoshi-san?" Daigo asked in confusion.

"Those were high fives." Hyuga explained.

"What?" Kiyoshi questioned.

"Don't be stupid. We made it this far because of you." Hyuga claimed.

"No one took it easy. It's no one's fault." Izuki added.

"Besides, we didn't lose." Kagami said.

"It just ended in a tie." Daigo finished in irritation.

"We did the best we could. I have no regrets." Kuroko stated.

"You're right." Kiyoshi said.

"Kagami."

Everyone glanced over when Kagami's name was being called. "Surely you're not satisfied with this." Midorima said.

"Of course not. We'll settle things later." Kagami told him.

"There will be no ties at the Winter Cup. Let's settle things then." Takao said.

"I couldn't ask for more." Kuroko agreed as the audience began clapping.

"What a good game." Momoi complimented.

"With a score of 104 to 104, it's a tie! Bow!" The referee announced.

"Thank you very much!"

Both of the teams soon left the court.

On another court, Kirisaki Daiichi won against their opponent, Senshinkan, with a score of 108 to 70.

"That's not fair! How can you be happy winning like that?"

"Not fair? Sorry, but I don't understand. I don't remember breaking any rules."

"Of course we're happy. Are you sure you don't have Bavarian cream for brains?"

"The game next to ours was a nail biter. I can't believe Seirin made it a tie."

"It's not surprising. If anything was unexpected, it's that they're all goody two-shoes. It made my skin crawl. We have one more game. We'll crush Seirin and advance to the Winter Cup." Hanamiya claimed.