Prologue

Akari's POV

"Kyou!" I called out in front of a house. I was about eight years old. I had long brown hair that fell to my waist, I also had deep amber eyes. "Come out and play!" I called out.

Soon, a carrot top nine year old boy came running out. His eyes brightened up when he saw me "Akari!" He called back, then falling over his own feet and tumbled on the ground. After a moments of shock he started laughing.

I laughed with him, but for some odd reason there was a sharp pain recoiling in my stomach. I flinched and started biting my bottom lip, but soon I started to ignore it.

Kyou smiled up at me "Let's play tag!" He said excitedly as he stood up and wiped the dirt from his clothes. Then pushed my shoulder "Tag! Your it" and started running around the yard.

I laughed and ran after him. We've been running a while now when the pain in my stomach grew more unbearable. I completely stopped and clenched my stomach, soon falling on my hands and knees. I couldn't stop coughing, I felt I was going to vomit. My body shook deeply as I proofed into my animal form, we'll one of them. It was a small puppy.

"Akari!" I heard the voice of Sakiko, who was visiting Hatori today. I could hear the voices of the Sohma's gather around worriedly. "Get back will ya!" Sakiko crocked as she scooped me up in her arms.

"What's going on?" Hatori's voice out spoke everybody's.

I tried to stay awake, my body trembled as everything grew fuzzy. I was scared to death.

Sakiko held me close running to a car "We got to get her to the Emergency room quick!" And several Sohma's piled into a car. They started off to the Momoki's Emergency Hospital. A privet organization of doctors and nurses sworn to secrecy.

When we arrived and I was out on those wheeled beds, my coughing was uncontrollable. Soon I felt a small had on my fur. It was Kyou.

"That's a lot of blood...." Said a Sohma's voice.

Kyou's face was twisted into fear. His eyes shinned with tears "Please........your my only friend" he said repeatedly.

My vision soon wavered and the pain was strong enough to knock me out cold. Kyou was the last face I saw that day.....

________________

Kyou's POV

"Kyou!"

"Come out and play!"

I heard her call out in my yard. A smile came upon my lips, I soon started to race outside "Akari!" I called out happily, but soon enough I was tripping over my own feet and was tumbling on the ground. It hurt a little, but I laughed anyways.

She smiled at me.

I smiled back "Lets play tag!" I said excitedly and gently push her shoulder and took off running "Tag! Your it!" I called out.

She laughed then started chasing me.

We were running for a while when all of the sudden she stopped and fell on her hands and knee's and was coughing horridly.

"Akari!" I saw Sakiko Momoki running towards her, and slowly gathering her up in her arms.

Pretty soon I was being pushed away from Akari by several of the Sohmas who was gathering around the sight. As soon as Sakiko piled into one of the cars I followed, being undetected by anyone.

When they got her to the hospital I sat on the her bed with her, she was in a small puppy form. I gently placed my hand over her fur "Please.....your my only friend" I cried, the tears fell down my cheeks. I hope she could hear me, I hope she kept fighting. This is when someone grabbed me from behind "NOO!" I screamed and was reaching my hands out towards Akari. Soon I was being taken back to the main house, but I was changed....I hope I could see her once more.